3 way pot. River bluff shove.

SneakySneaky Red Chipper Posts: 84 ✭✭
Hi guys,

It's me again with Series of 3 hands that I find interesting. I will post two other hands in next couple days (one thing at the time )

HAND 1:

Live cash 1/3. Game is pretty tough depending who is playing, most of the players have general idea about poker, ranges etc. Occasionally big whale comes and splash chips around but most of the time there are 3-4 Regs at the tables.

Everyone 100bb deep.

Pre flop:

MP- Older nitty player, able to make big folds, playing rather in straightforward manner.
Opens to $10
BTN- Hero with :KS::QH: makes the call.
BB- Asian man, kind of fishy player, likes to stick around with many draws and bluffs pretty often. I expect him to defend wide range from BB.

Pot= $34

FLOP: :5D::JH::TC:

BB checks, MP bets $15, Hero calls $15, BB calls $15

Pot= $79

TURN: :JC:

BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $50, BB folds, MP calls.

Pot= $179

RIVER: :5C:

MP checks, Hero shoves for $225.

Here is my reasoning- please correct me if I'm wrong.
OTF- I feel like this board hits me pretty nice I could have TWO PAIRS, OESD, GUTTERS, PAIR+ Bd SD, Bd FD.
I put nitty guy on: AA-88,AKo-AJo,KQo-KJo,AKs-ATs,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs.
I didn't want to be blown of my equity so I decided to call a cbet.

OTT:
When BB check I don't worry about him to much. When Nitty guy checks- at this point I don't think he has a J that often because we would have bet or c/r me if he did. So when he call my turn bet I put him on: AA-88,AKo-AQo,KQo,AKs-AQs,ATs,KQs,KTs,QTs.

OTR:
Nit checks, so I'm thinking If I check I lose for sure, he has over pair like QQ and just want to shove down bc he is scared that I might have a J. If I bet like 120-150 he will call with over pair, so If I want to win this pot I have to shove, and that's what I did.

Let me know your thoughts. Is it good spot and hand to bluff with? Should I just give up?

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would take out 88 and 99 from the turn range. I think thats too light for a "nit" to peel or even bet the flop with.

Bet sizing both preflop and on the flop seems really small. Is 3x open common in these games? I would expect hands like JJ+ AK+ to open to around $15 (5bb). Because of this i think you can discount some over pairs with his half pot cbet as well.

Some Tx broadways, Jx should continue to bet. I think AcQc type hands should continue to barrel. Starting to look like KJ, QJ, Tx, maybe KQ type hands.

Hard to figure out how many Tx actually peel the turn. And how many Jx check calls being 3 way. Your trying to rep boats by shoving 55, J10 which there are not that many combos of.

Just notice the full board run out
    5JTJ5

So jx is not folding any rivers. I think a smaller bet is better on this run out to get AQ and KQ hands to fold. I think betting $120 into $180 looks more like Jx trying to get a call from worse. If you had Jx i guess you could shove to get someone off a chop? Optimistic though.

Good post im leaning towards smaller bet to look like a boat. If you had J10 or 55 shove. Everything else just bet like 2\3 and see what happens.
  • RoblivionRoblivion WisconsinRed Chipper Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    How nitty is this guy pre-flop? If he can find a fold with hands like AQo, 77-TT I think you're better off making it like 40 here. Not crazy about playing KQo against his MP opening range (though we do have position going for us.)

As played, I think I may just suck it up and check back the river. Doubt he's calling the turn with AQ/AK unless he has clubs, which got there. So we're basically trying to get him to fold KQ and QQ-AA. Maybe he folds overpairs in this spot, maybe he doesn't - if he does, then this is probably the size of bet that it's gonna take.
  • SneakySneaky Red Chipper Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Austin wrote: »
    Bet sizing both preflop and on the flop seems really small. Is 3x open common in these games? I would expect hands like JJ+ AK+ to open to around $15 (5bb). Because of this i think you can discount some over pairs with his half pot cbet as well.

Those sizes are pretty standard in those games.
    but yeah sometimes people open little bigger like 4x.

Good post im leaning towards smaller bet to look like a boat. If you had J10 or 55 shove. Everything else just bet like 2\3 and see what happens.

You mean I polarize myself with this bet and thinking players could find an easy call with overpair?

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sneaky wrote: »

Those sizes are pretty standard in those games.
    but yeah sometimes people open little bigger like 4x.

You mean I polarize myself with this bet and thinking players could find an easy call with overpair?

I mean you can't remove all Jx from his range. Im saying $120 gets the same job done as $220. You can save $100 though. If it was JT2J5 then ok shove. But jj55x no one is folding Jx.
  • SneakySneaky Red Chipper Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Ok make sense.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file