Interesting bet size decision (top set, wet board)

Manny HManny H Red Chipper Posts: 24 ✭✭
Hello good people of RCP!
Very interesting hand here, at least to me.

10NL Ignition
Hero stack 1509 :Kh:Kd SB
EP3 stack 1121 unknown (my 2nd hand at this table)

F, EP2 30, EP3 C, F..., Hero(SB) 100, F, EP2 F, EP3 C

Flop (240) :Ks:Qd:Ts
Hero(1409) Bet 150, EP3(1021) Call

Turn (540) :Ks:Qd:Ts:8c
Hero(1259) Bet 540, EP3(871) Fold

What do you think of this turn bet size/line?
My thoughts:
1st: I had just won my first hand at this table at showdown with a psb river bluff and I really wanted to look like I was bluffing again. (bad bluff catcher)
2nd: This guy cold called twice and he still likes his hand OTF to call a 2/3psb, and maybe he picked up some outs
3rd: He has to have some value hands here, 2P, sets, 1P+nut draw.
4th: I could only think of one other good bet size and that would be half his stack so only like 11bb diff.
5th: I CANNOT find a check here, ever, at least to an unknown.

I think he either calls or he doesn't so lets get some money in there.

What do you think of my unknown CC range?:
22-JJ, All broadway, 9Ts+

159 combos on this board, 71% hit OTF, 52% hit OTT
add Axs still 50% OTT

Should I be more worried about my 35% scare cards?

As always, thank you so much for your response!

tl;dr I can't see how to check or bet small OTT (to an unknown 2x cold caller), can you?

Comments

• moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have an issue with your bet sizing on the turn if V had your stack matched. Given V's remaining stack size, though, you're turn bet doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'd go for something like $320, giving V enough reasons to justify a call with a draw and also enough reasons to have to sweat the river if you want to make sure that V stays in all the way (i.e., play the hand as a value hand).

If you really want to look like you're bluffing, though, then my first recommendation would be to overbet/shove the turn. If you had, say, AK or A9s or JQs or something like that, then overbetting/shoving the turn would be a logical play trying to look like you want to get V off his hand. If your goal is appear bluffy, then I'd shove on the turn.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file