Donkey poker

AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭✭
Playing $1/$2/$3 currently 6 or 7 handed late wednesday night / Thursday morning.
Effective stacks roughly $300. Villain considers me a tight player, but he is a recreational young asian guy gambling. Bought in short and picked off a couple of bluffs and built his stack up to around $400 calling with 6c6s on a 89QAccc board where a 4th club hits the river and picked off a $80 bluff. Not sure how he calls flop or river on that hand vs particular villain, but definitely a bit stationy.

Hero :Kd :Jd opens EP $15
Villain calls btn

Flop ($35) :As :Kc :3s
Hero bets $25
V calls $25

Turn ($85) :As :Kc :3s :Qc
H checks
V bets $20
H calls $20
River ($125) :As :Kc :3s :Qc :9c
H checks
V bets $25
H raises to $115

My read on the villain was he has Ax here or maybe a KQ hand, but I think he bets bigger with two pair. I know he is not bluffing based off his small sizing. I don't rep much once I check the turn besides KJ-KT, AJ-A10, but I dont' think he can range people correctly in general. I will have some small flush draws in my range as well, but not many given the texture. I can't really have nut flush draw because I checked the turn, guess I could have 7c6c or 8c7c and thats about it. All other flush draws bet the turn with either made straight or Pair + NFD.

I think my sizing is good, but my line and range when broken down really don't make sense, at least to me. I think on low stakes though this raise represents a flush in general and I do block a straight.

Thoughts?

Comments

• persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damnit, i thought you were finally writing your manifesto. #fooledagain #clickbait

Amyway looks convincing as player pool exploit line. He seems real dumb.
  • zampana1970zampana1970 Red Chipper Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    So your read on dude was that he picked off at least 3 bluffs/is stationy, thus you figured you would bluff a backdoor straight or flush to knock him off his Ax?
  • jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭
    What flush exactly do you rep? Besides I missed spade draw? I mean he's sticky too. Take it from my recent :TH: :8S: hand...even though they are weak...sometimes you just gotta let it go. You line is so weird. Unless you turned a straight? But why not keep betting on a turned straight? Or C/R the turn? Like I'd call if I were him with any Ax. It looks like you bricked a FD. Would you ever allow so many hands to draw if you hit a really good turn? You like C-bet flop, realize your beat on the turn so check call, and then come alive on the river when you think he's weak. How often do you do this with value hands? Probably not very often. I wouldn't buy it if I were him.
  • Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    when you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras. this stampede aint stopping; get the hell out of the way.
  • Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    Your check call of a 2/9 pot bet looks like your exact KJ KT type hands, a weak suited A5, or like you're on a draw yourself--. You might be bluffing with the best hand too--some gambler players might be married to their JJ or TT hand after they pick up a gs ott and be throwing out little tester/blocker bets--betting a smaller bet amt OTT than OTF is like a "I have a small pair... he'll raise me if his is better" or setting his own price to draw...

I feel that $80-100 will do the same as $114. I think you get looked up a lot but sometimes by worst like KT JJ or TT as it looks like a busted spade line or A5 A4 or A2c exactly with the turn check call as AJ ATc would probably want to pump it up...

The $80 bluff 4club board...(I assume turn went check check if it was only $80) I would "float" 6c6s on Qc8c9c vs a player cbetting/betting a high frequency... I'm definitely calling a club river if Ace turn goes check check and villain makes a bet OTR it's to buy the pot as I know villain doesn't have Ac, or smaller made flush as he would have bet OTT and the KcX either has a pair or gutshot +FD OTT and also probably barrels turn with some frequency... you're gonna have to show me JJ or TT with a club or nada
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭✭
    So your read on dude was that he picked off at least 3 bluffs/is stationy, thus you figured you would bluff a backdoor straight or flush to knock him off his Ax?

Best not play late at night on little sleep.
    persuadeo wrote: »
    Damnit, i thought you were finally writing your manifesto. #fooledagain #clickbait

Amyway looks convincing as player pool exploit line. He seems real dumb.

LoL pro!
    villain had :JC: :TH: basically the nuts since he blocks some more flushes as well..he asked if i had clubs (showing the player pool exploit to those who over fold) but his hand too strong to fold. I think Ax he would fold here..two pair or better i don't expect any folds.
  • RoblivionRoblivion Red Chipper Posts: 136 ✭✭
    As stated, you're not repping much with this weird line and a player like this is probably gonna look you up.

If you choose to bluff this pot, I think the turn is a better spot to checkraise. Your AA and KK aren't going to check-call such a small bet, and he will probably fold a lot more AX hands on the turn than the river, because there are now potentially TWO streets he has to call large bets instead of just one final decision to show down.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file