Pre flop skills video question.

Wayne HoodWayne Hood Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
Hi, in the preflop skills video the third point is to 3bet steals. It states you should be doing this around 20% of the time. My question is is this 20% regardless of hands or specifically meant do it with top 20% of starting hands?
Thank you

Comments

• Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    edited February 9
    20% of the time... I guess you could 3b the top 20% of hands however I'd rather 3bet A2s as a bluff than A9o... some players like using A2-A5 K5s Q7s or hands with blocker value that can flop a hand when called... 22-66 hands with equity edge vs AK AQ or over cards... KJo QJo hands with a lot of blocker value that will often play poorly OOP... 76s 75s a bit risky because you don't block anything but if your opponents are giving you mad credit or you have a skill edge it doesn't hurt to 3b these hands... then there are hands like A3o and K7o where you really want to have a read that your opponent will fold and aren't 4betting you light...
  • Wayne HoodWayne Hood Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    So it's not a 20% chart rule? Just find your personal range to amount to about 20% of the time regardless. Cool, thanks.
  • Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    I'd also look at who I'm 3betting and who is BB if I'm SB as a solid reg is going to playback at your resteals by 4betting often and you will have to have a bluff 5bet range + wider value stack off range vs players not wanting to back down vs your resteals...
  • Wayne HoodWayne Hood Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    yea if I encounter a persistent 4 bettor I'd have to adjust. I would most likely tighten it up for now. I'm still getting comfortable with opening my 3B range, not ready to start rolling out 5B bluffs or light shoves haha...
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭✭
    a96yocw8ebjn.png

You can take some suited broadways out that play better as calls and include more Kxs or Axs. Usually off suite broadways have lesd playability, suited gappers, & Small pairs. Hard to get paid oop with these hands. This is a quick estimation of what I would use. I remember my 3 bet vs steal was pretty crazy at one point over 30% because they had 85%+ fold to 3 bet, so you literally print money without cbetting. Vs one player i had probably around 90% 3 bet vs his btn open cause he was opening around 40% of hands 3bb and i make it 8-9bb and he just kept folding 95% of his range. I had couple thousand hands on him, he only adjusted by making it 2.5x but still kept folding.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file