Doug Polk AK AQ 3-way AI for tourney life??

Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
I was watching an older stream of Doug playing some online tourneys where he went AI with 20bb+ (stack sizes where you need to make a move or catch eventually but arent in dire need to take marginal spots) for his tourney life 3-ways with AK and AQ multiple times... is this typical and/or correct to do? There was no explaination it seemed to him like this is standard play... I'd go AI 3 ways with QQ but not an unpaired hand and would not like it would fold the AQ and debatable AK as you're not even flipping vs 2 but only win 1/3 -2/5 of the time even in a pretty good situation like TT vs KQ vs AK unless I had massive information that the players were jamming light which is unlikely as the 2nd player doesn't have fold equity vs the 1st player... best case is AK vs AJ vs KQ which is highly unlikely due to sheer card removal...

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭✭
    Can you post the hand? Sounds standard with AK.

V1 shoves ep 20 bb
    Mp shoves 30bb
    Hero ?
    aq is a fold
    Ak call
    Tt 50\50

Also factor in wider ranges at higher stake tourneys. They know to push 20bb stacks and not call fold.

Ranges at low stakes i feel are tighter by less studied players.

Imo i used to be able to play $50 mtt and under and nit it up and do quite well. Higher level mtt has smaller edges so you have to take thin and marginal spots.

I've been out of the mtt game for a while though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file