Turning naked FD into a river bluff + 187bb deepp

AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭✭

Found the river pretty interesting. I think hero read the situation correctly. A little surprised by the call, seems pretty light.

Would you call the river shove?

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭✭
    2\4 on ignition six max. Will reverse this hand from villain perspective.

Folds x3
    Btn ($750) opens $12
    Sb $2 folds
    BB :Ah :Qh raises to $40
    Btn calls $28 more

Flop ($82) :6C: :7C: :QS:
    BB ($710) bets $50
    Btn ($710) calls $50

Turn ($182) :6C: :7C: :QS: :3D:
    BB ($660) bets $110
    Btn calls

River ($402) :6C: :7C: :QS: :3D: :TH:
    BB ($550) bets $150
    Btn shoves $550
    BB AQ?? $400 to win $1102

Slow played sets?
    3 combos of 98s (not clubs)
    1 combo of QdTd

River sizing i think BB range is pretty face up as AQ here but bluff shoving doesn't look like a bluff? Shoving all naked flush draws. I guess it looks like a bluff because not repping sets or combo draws. Unless btn slow plays a ton of hands like sets and hopes for a clean run out.
  • SneakySneaky Red Chipper Posts: 59 ✭✭
    I don’t think villain can rep too much value with this line... like you said. I don’t like that shove. It’s a crystal clear call to me or even fold bc it really feels like Villain have a queen and just going for thin value.
  • SneakySneaky Red Chipper Posts: 59 ✭✭
    Sorry I meant **HERO
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor use of stacks on the end, laying that price means bluffs should go down not up.
  • Don'tKnowWhenDon'tKnowWhen Red Chipper Posts: 14 ✭✭
    I'm a little confused now about who's the hero and who's the Villain.

I don't understand BUT river shove. BB 3bet pre and then triple barreled. If BUT believes that, then river may be a fold. If BUT thinks that BB has some bluffs in there, then he was being offered a good price to call with his now SDV hand.

While the stack size doesn't allow for a "bluff size" raise, I'm not sure the all-in looks like pure value. Sets and combo draws would have likely raised earlier and thus are diminished in BUT river range. BB only needs roughly 27% equity to call which he likely has with TPTK.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭✭
    For the BB i think he played his hand well because hes targeting missed draws, 7x, Qx, or Tx on the river. At the same time though hes turning his hand face up.

BTN shove is not great, but i think its ok. The raise size is almost 4x the river bet so looks strong, but small compared to the total pot size.

This hand made me think if BTN had a hand like QcJh (top pair + 1 flush blocker) and called two streets and then the flush hit the river with the :Tc would it be better to turn top pair into a bluff? Because now you know BB is betting top pair for thin value and your showdown value poor vs a triple barrel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file