360bb effective + Over pair on wet board

AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
This hand came from CLP call in show that I found pretty interesting. Its a $2/$5 game with $1300 effective.

UTG calls $5, Hero ($1300) :Qs :Qd raises to $25, BTN calls $25, UTG calls $20

Flop ($82) :Tc :7s :6c
UTG checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $50, UTG calls, Hero calls

Turn ($232) :Tc :7s :6c :5s
UTG bets $125, Hero calls, BTN calls

River ($607) :Tc :7s :6c :5s :6s
UTG snap bets $300
Hero ?

No real history with the villain, but given the line could be hand like JsTs? Besides TsXs I can't think of many hands, in terms of flushes, villain (UTG) can have here. Most of the flushes in terms of spades should be folding the flop. Smells pretty fishy, but QQ is in a tough spot. Maybe 65s, but 65s should fold the flop. At first glance river feels like a fold, but when you break down the combos there is really not that many flushes.

Comments

• Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    This QQ is played extremely weakly.

As played, super easy river call. I don’t think QQ is in a tough spot at all. We beat some value bets.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "How I Turned Queens into a Bluffcatcher... and You Can, Too!"
  • Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    I'd have bet flop or x/r and Id be checking calling a lot of 987 or 876 boards where we don't have a BD FLUSH and our opponents ranges crush these boards more than T76. 98 77 and 66 76 are the only hands that nail that board while these hands are in villains' range there are more Tx pair + gutshot and FD combos than hands that beat you...

On riv UTG has to have exactly 65 JsTs 9sTs to take check call flop lead turn and riv line vs 2 opponents while button looks like a Tx combo draw or 99 88 type hand without ruling out the sets and 2 pairs if villain is passive... I'm afraid that you have to fold riv as button you might be able to beat however button raising would be disastrous... I dont think UTG is betting worst than QQ on 3 flush board pairing riv vs 2...

Heads up never folding but vs 2 I would be really concerned that value betting Tx vs 2 opponents on a paired flush straighty board is kind of thin...
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bart talked about betting JJ and QQ being bets on the flop especially since live poker has wide ranges to get value from and online a mixture of bets and checks vs tighter ranges. He prefers betting qq jj and checking some frequency with AA and KK. Witnout a club bet and with a club can be a check as you can easily call on turn aggression.

The line utg took is pretty strong i think, but the range doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
    utg had :7C: :9C:
  • Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    Aha I think I'd put my overpairs with a club, TT, and AA in the checking range while firing our no club overpairs...

LOLZ at the spoiler that's pretty bold... Sometimes I think i give opponents too much credit for thinking! Now the question is did UTG think he had the best hand or did he think a river bluff vs 2 opponents would get through? I dont know that I have a river bluffing range vs 2...
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danny M wrote: »
    Sometimes I think i give opponents too much credit for thinking!.

lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file