To call or raise on a hit or miss board...

Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in PRO Product Discussion
$1/2 6max 100bb effective

Hero is CO with :7d :7c
MP raises $6. Hero calls.
($15) Flop is :9c :5c :9d
MP bets $8. Hero?

Vs a recreational player I feel like raising almost our entire range is good here because they will just fold anything but an overpair or 9 or FD

Vs a reg I think raising has merits because I expect hands like KJ one club or AQ type hands to peel a raise so we do charge him to realize his equity...

What do you think?

Comments

• moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that raising has merits but for slightly different reasons.

You have range advantage here, so raising presses that advantage. Here's the question: are you willing to raise again or bet big on the turn if it gets there? In other words, what is your turn plan if V calls?
  • Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    I'm firing about 60% pot OTT on any card except maybe a 5 or 9...
  • Yanming ZYanming Z Red Chipper Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    I'd raise fairly big on the flop here to around 4-5x, the flop hits your range better. Typically if your raise gets called or reraise here on this semi dry board, you can be fairly confident you are beat and give up on future streets.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that raising has merits but for slightly different reasons.

You have range advantage here, so raising presses that advantage. Here's the question: are you willing to raise again or bet big on the turn if it gets there? In other words, what is your turn plan if V calls?

Said it for me.

Although i usally call two barrels and fold to a 3rd as a standard.
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you guys think CO has range advantage? What kind of range are you flatting in this spot?

I would think that MP has WAY more 9X combos than CO / more NFDs / more TT+ ?
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kenaces wrote: »
    Why do you guys think CO has range advantage? What kind of range are you flatting in this spot?

Depends how tight your calling range is.
    Both have 99,55, 98s, T9s, A2s-AQs,

Co might have j9s, 97s, K9s? Not too far of a stretch. 7c6c? 8c7c?

I think flatting is best though cause im usually not raising 55, 99, or 98s very often IP vs MP who will just fold all their air.
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Austin wrote: »
    kenaces wrote: »

Depends how tight your calling range is.
    Both have 99,55, 98s, T9s, A2s-AQs,

Co might have j9s, 97s, K9s? Not too far of a stretch. 7c6c? 8c7c?

I think flatting is best though cause im usually not raising 55, 99, or 98s very often IP vs MP who will just fold all their air.

OK so you think CO is CC very wide so can still have some 9X but if he is really calling that wide he will have more combos that miss and overall less equity. I just had a look at a few RvR equities and none of the CO ranges really give the CO a clear range advantage.

• Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    I would agree MP has slightly more 9's... they will have A9s K9s Q9s while I will not often have all of those particular 9's all the time at least if villain is paying attention to what I'm doing... I would not raise quads or full house either but would raise 9sxs 9hxh 66-88 and 76s 87s JcTc QdJd and hands that block his 9's as bluffs... while calling 5x 22-44 NFD BDFD + overs that we aren't raising

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file