Online Poker

Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in Off Topic Chat
Anyone play Online right now? If so where? Opinions?

Comments

• Sir_McBoozeSir_McBooze Red Chipper Posts: 43
    Been on hiatus for a while, but I was playing exclusively online on Borgata and WSOP. Action was plentiful and high-quality, IMO, at 200NL and lower. The rewards systems are mediocre/punishing, though on WSOP Nanonoko could probably get decent rakeback. The software was slightly annoying, but they improved it over time, got HEM2 to work on WSOP, etc., and I could 12-table pretty easily. I could tell that some people were playing a lot more tables, which is funny because they were pretty bad.

It honestly surprised me how many reg-fish there were - for about a month 100NL on Borgata was largely unplayable because the same 5 pains-in-the-ass were at every table. Dunno how things are right now, but I read an article recently that argued that the amount of money/people in the game is likely to go significantly up through the end of the year, so I'm going to try to stop being lazy and get back to work.

What about you?

(Also, what's the hex-code for gray, or is there a default setting I'm not using? I can't figure out how to use the same font color that everyone else is.)
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    (Also, what's the hex-code for gray, or is there a default setting I'm not using? I can't figure out how to use the same font color that everyone else is.)

It looks like you are using a color tag when posting. I just removed it from your previous post and your post is now normal gray like everyone else =)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • Sir_McBoozeSir_McBooze Red Chipper Posts: 43
    Cool, thanks!

I was using the color tag because the preview was showing up in red, which I thought was worse than black. Now I see that the latest post seems to always be red. Pattern recognition skills...
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    Cool, thanks!

I was using the color tag because the preview was showing up in red, which I thought was worse than black. Now I see that the latest post seems to always be red. Pattern recognition skills...

It's one of those features that's cool once you know what it's doing...but before you realize it, it's annoying as hell lol
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm about to go on. Probably give Borgata a try. I tried when it initially launched but there was no traffic. Maybe now it is better
    :-/
  • FuguFugu Red Chipper Posts: 19
    I live on the East Coast (not NJ) and am going to try to start online at ACR.
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
    Let us know how it goes Fugu! :-)
  • Big OwlBig Owl Red Chipper Posts: 170
    Pretty much the same out here in Vegas. Wsop has same 5/6 guys on every table. They aren't particularly good, but still not much money to be made there. And way worse than NJ. 50nl is real soft but how much an hour can you make playing that with 4/5 tables max and no HEM.
  • bocky7bocky7 Red Chipper Posts: 369 ✭✭✭
    I have been playing online for years (even before black Friday) and there are still some decent online sites that can be played legally in most states,here in the US.Juicy Stakes was a good one about 2 yrs ago and there were great games on it, but everyone bailed from it because of the problems with withdraws..(took 6 months + to get a check from them)...then Bovada was pretty good until lately...word spread that there there was some kind of a dishonest thing going on (but i don't think there was)...but anyway, the traffic really died there.Also i heard that Bovada stopped taking US player (don't know, i still have an account with them but cashed out,and got a check from them really quick)...i would say,carbon is the best now,with good traffic, also i hear Full Flush is starting to have good games, and also "bet online" looks good to.If your decide to play on Carbon,or any site,make sure to visit some of the many rake-back sites and shop for the best promotions that they have to offer.Also, if you try to deposit on a poker site, it could take some work to get a credit card or debit card or something to work...i had luck on the first try and had real hassles at other times, so be ready to cross your fingers on that one....and, one more thing...make sure you look at their with draw policies, some have really high fees to make with-draws...so do your homework.
    good luck :)
  • SomeHeimersSomeHeimers Red Chipper Posts: 3
    I play Bovada. All seems fine. just made a $1K withdrawal for no fee. Minor hassle in depositing money. Low stakes games are good and tourneys are great.
  • jjakestr8jjakestr8 Red Chipper Posts: 78 ✭✭
    I was gonna try sealswithclubs. Its a bitcoin poker site. There are usually a few hundred players at any given time. Also looks really exciting as I can add in bitcoin's variance to my already large poker variance.

Been playing Lock Poker, but due to their terrible withdrawal behavior/reliability, real money has become play money, people are selling money for .05 cents on the dollar.
  • karbynkarbyn Red Chipper Posts: 122 ✭✭
    I play at PKR.com
    There are lots of games and decently easy $$... HE, NLHE, PLO
    I know there's a rakeback, but I don't play online enough to make a difference

They recently came out with an Android app, which will probably be the death of me lol
    ok...i don't know what was going on with Bovada, but all seems to be good, now...before, there were some web sites, that recommended the "best" online poker sites, and they had announcements added to them saying: "US players were no longer excepted"...also the traffic went down to hardly any games..that scared me , so i cashed out, but still had an account with them..since then, i noticed things were starting to pick up again,so i deposited back in and give it a try...after playing a few games,things went good, so kept playing on it quite a lot all weekend..plus i don't see the announcement on the "recommend" web sites anymore...things at Bovada are looking really good at this time...loose games, and good traffic....so, i thought i would let you all know.
    good luck (except against me!)...lol ;)
    check out this link : http://www.professionalrakeback.com/USA ... ng-Network
    it will tell you what states are legal for each poker site, and what ones to stay clear of, and what promotions you can take advantage of.
    ;)
    SplitSuit wrote:
    Cool, thanks!
    It's one of those features that's cool once you know what it's doing...but before you realize it, it's annoying as hell lol

i noticed, that, when any post is still in red,there are more options(buttons),at the upper right, to, still edit or delete ...after it goes to the normal color, the "extra options" disappears...cool! :)
  • rjevskiyrjevskiy Red Chipper Posts: 90 ✭✭
    I am playing at CarbonPoker and mostly micro stakes. There usually 10-15 full ring tables and many loose players.
    Any other good sites to play from NY?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file