Call with QQ on this flop?

TonyTwoCheeksTonyTwoCheeks Red Chipper Posts: 17 ✭✭
I had a tough spot last week. Playing $1-$2 @ Cherokee, NC and dealt QQ in cut-off ($250). UTG+1 ($120) raises to $15 (typical open at this game is $10-$12), Low-jack calls, I 3-bet to $50, button & blinds fold, UTG+1 calls, LJ folds. Flop comes KJJ rainbow and UTG+1 jams for $70. What do you do? UTG+1 is aggressive on flop and at least two other times he has limp-called a pre-flop raise and then leads out before the PFR and takes down those pots.

Comments

• moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    There's $185 in the pot at this point, right? Odds are that I'd donk off $70 here and then start asking myself why I only raised to $50 instead of more...
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a tough spot last week. Playing $1-$2 @ Cherokee, NC and dealt QQ in cut-off ($250). UTG+1 ($120) raises to $15 (typical open at this game is $10-$12), Low-jack calls, I 3-bet to $50, button & blinds fold, UTG+1 calls, LJ folds. Flop comes KJJ rainbow and UTG+1 jams for $70. What do you do? UTG+1 is aggressive on flop and at least two other times he has limp-called a pre-flop raise and then leads out before the PFR and takes down those pots.

Able to get better responses if its formatted better and we don't have to decipher the matrix.
  • TonyTwoCheeksTonyTwoCheeks Red Chipper Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I don't even see the code anymore....I just see blonde...brunette.

I had a tough spot last week. Playing $1-$2 @ Cherokee, NC.
    Hero stack: $250
    UTG+1 stack: $120
    *** PRE-FLOP ***
    Hero: dealt [Qh Qc]
    UTG+1: raises $15 (typical open at this game is $10-$12)
    Low-Jack: call $15
    Cut-off (Hero): raises $50
    Small Blind: folds
    Big Blind: folds
    UTG+1: calls $50
    Low-Jack: folds
    Pot Size: $118
    *** FLOP *** [Kd Jc Js]
    UTG+1: raises all-in $70
    Hero: What to do?
    UTG+1 is aggressive on flop and at least two other times he has limp-called a pre-flop raise and then leads out before the PFR and takes down those pots.
  • SaintsTigersSaintsTigers Red Chipper Posts: 238 ✭✭
    Raise bigger pre. I like 60ish. At this level , they're calling a lot. So maximize value.

As far as the flop decision, I'd discount a lot of his nuttish combos. AK has no good reason to donk jam. Quad jacks wouldn't jam. I don't see trip jacks doing that a lot either. Plus you block QJ. Kings full wouldn't donk jam either. AA would've 4 bet preflop. That said you block draws draw like Q10s or Q9 suited, but there are 14 combos of those.

Honestly his play doesn't make a lot of sense. But you're getting almost 3 - 1. You've detected a pattern of him donk-flop take it down. Many rec players adjust their game based on recent results. If he missed value on those 2 donk plays, he's not likely to try it again. On the other hand, if he got bluffs or semi-bluffs through doing that he's likely to try out the play again. In the end, you're getting a good price, it's hard to put better hands in his range, and you've developed at least somewhat of a betting tendency read. So call.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with 60 pre because of the caller in the middle. 50 would be good hu.

Flop i think you can make an exploitable fold. Villains in low stakes usually don't show up with A10 here and they dont 4 bet AK. However, on KKJ i would call cause as @SaintsTigers pointed out they are not donk jamming trips very often.

Sucky flop but i think you can happily fold despite low SPR. Where as if it was checked to you i may check it back and call a turn shove... Now you have extra info for the villain so I wouldn't call with the logic of "i was going to jam anyways so i guess i call" use the extra knowledge to your benefit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file