Hand Review .3/.6 NL

Bradford GBradford G Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
This is from a hand I played last night at .3/.6 NL. It was within my first 10 minutes at the table so I didn't have any reads on the table or any specific opponents. I have 57$ in my stack and villain has me covered.
I am in the CO with :Td:Js . There are 2 limps before me and I raise it to 2.4$. Button folds, SB folds, BB calls and the 2 original limpers call. There is 9.90$ in pot and 4 ways to the flop.
Flop comes: :Ac:8d:9s
It checks to me and I C bet 2/3 pot for 6.60. BB folds and 1st limper folds, villain calls. It is heads up to the turn. At this point I think he's got middle or bottom pair or a draw like myself. I don't think he has Ax because I think he would have raised pre flop.
Turn: :5c
Villain checks and I check. I'm not sure if I should have bet this turn or not to be honest. Pot is now about 23$
River: :3c bringing in the flush draw and straight draw. Villain leads for 1/3 Pot and I fold.

I would like some analysis on the hand for anything I could have done differently. I felt like betting the flop was a good move with the OESD but I am unsure about my turn and river play.

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preflop what is your standard open 3bb? Why only make it 4bb after 2 limps? I think i would go around 3.60 here (6x) because im looking for additional fold equity or limp behind.

On the flop being 4 ways i think you can take a free card or just bet small. If you don't think they have an ace and you block the most obvious draw you can easily go 1\3 to 1\2 pot for same results. People limp with all kinds of A9s-A2s, A2o-AJo, etc. I would not eliminate those hands from their range and you made it cheap enough preflop where they can limp call without much risk.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file