Snapshove

NYCRyNYCRy Red Chipper Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
Do people have this open during live tourneys to make decisions?

Comments

• NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes but not while in a hand. Where I play you should walk away from the table for a sec to look at it.
  • NYCRyNYCRy Red Chipper Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    That's what I'm asking though. Are there actual rules about using it during the hand?
  • Zero CoolZero Cool Red Chipper Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    NYCRy wrote: »
    That's what I'm asking though. Are there actual rules about using it during the hand?

Most places I play have specific rules that say you can't be on your phone during a hand so people don't look at things like snapshove during a hand. I believe it is generally considered against the rules(and definitely against the spirit of the game) to look at shove chart or any kind of aid during a hand.
  • kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look at it ALL the time in between hands.
    People don't know whether I'm texting or looking at Facebook and I don't tell them... and nobody really cares.
    I'm constantly updating it between hands when I'm 20bb or less.
    But I'm discrete about it.
    I'd recommend you be too - so no new rules are put in place where you can't use it at the table.

As for "the spirit of the game"... ha ha ha ha...
    you think those online players are playing their hand solo, with no aid of computer models/charts/EV calculators???
    think againe

Before snapshove, I had jpegs of the push/fold charts on my phone and would consult those. And I've seen MANY tourney players do the same.

The more you do it, the more "natural" it becomes for you to know what's a good push.
    But I agree it would be bad ettiquette to use the "call" function of snapshove and have the table wait for you you to get all those calculations in to see what your call range should be when someone else shoves first.
    Glancing at the charts before you look at your hand should be within the rules and ettiquette of playing a tournament.
  • The MuleThe Mule Red Chipper Posts: 779 ✭✭✭
    There’s a training function even on the free version. Practice for 5 minutes a day and you’ll soon be pretty close, and when you’re wrong it will be marginal.
  • NYCRyNYCRy Red Chipper Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    Ok thanks for the replies. Looking at it in between hands seems fine. While its on you is over the line I think. Good to know

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file