10NL, Jc6c on BU, 3-players - A Good Laydown on the turn?

Michael RosataMichael Rosata Red Chipper Posts: 15 ✭✭
I did a hand analysis here, everything seems good, I'm not 100% about the fold although it felt like the right thing at the moment.

The opp is 26/15 and I was 26/18 - the game started as a 6max and turned into a 3 way game for the last 10 hands, (so the PVIP/PFR refers to 6max). Thanks!

NL Holdem $0.1(BB)
SB ($10)
BB ($10)
HERO ($16.41)

Dealt to Hero 6 :club: J :club:

HERO Raises To $0.25 (Rem. Stack: 16.16), SB Calls $0.2 (Rem. Stack: 9.75), BB Folds

Flop ($0.60) 6 :heart: A :diamond: A :heart:
SB Checks, HERO Bets $0.28 (Rem. Stack: 15.88), SB Calls $0.28 (Rem. Stack: 9.47)

Turn ($1.16) 6 :heart: A :diamond: A :heart: 9 :spade:
SB Checks, HERO Bets $0.55 (Rem. Stack: 15.33), SB Raises To $1.83 (Rem. Stack: 7.64), HERO Folds

SB wins $3.42

Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker Tracking Software

Comments

• Zero CoolZero Cool Red Chipper Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    I prefer a check back on this turn. I'm not sure what a bet here accomplishes other then charging hearts but missed hearts is probably going to feel compelled to bluff the river anyway so you can easily check turn with the intention of calling non heart rivers.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind a check or a bet. Depending on some postflop tendecies of villain, barreling the turn could be a good value bet being its 3 handed. Would villain peel with hands like QdTd on the flop? Would he float oop with king high?

Overall J6 on AA6 is worth usually only 1-2 streets of value. Had it been regular six max where SB would have a little tighter of a range. I would do bet-check-evaluate based on sizing.
  • Michael RosataMichael Rosata Red Chipper Posts: 15 ✭✭
    @Zero Cool Thanks for your response. I guess my main motivation on the turn was to try to get a fold from Villian (and keep the initiative and check off on the river if villain checked me). I suppose I could have check-called to a similar effect, but I really was hoping to put him off any draws.

So I guess what confuses me about his raise, which I guess since right and wrong differ from player to play, it might have been a better question to ask, "why did Villian reraise me on the flop"

@Austin Thanks for your response, I didn't think villain would peel in this situation, and I didn't quite believe that villy would believe I had an A either, I hoped he'd assume I had a nice pocket pair maybe.

Now when you say on a full 6max where villy would have a little tighter range, are you saying bet-check-evaluate b/c villy might have more Ax combos and hence more likely to have hit trip A's on flop (and I'd just be feeding him my chips)
  • Zero CoolZero Cool Red Chipper Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    @Zero Cool Thanks for your response. I guess my main motivation on the turn was to try to get a fold from Villian (and keep the initiative and check off on the river if villain checked me). I suppose I could have check-called to a similar effect, but I really was hoping to put him off any draws.

But what hands call the flop that are now going to fold on the turn? 77? 88? I don't expect a flush draw to fold the turn to a less then half pot bet. Unless you think villain is floating the flop with hands like KQo.
  • Michael RosataMichael Rosata Red Chipper Posts: 15 ✭✭
    @Zero Cool I see your point. Villain likely didn't believe I had an A, and the likely hands that would call the flop are just flush draws and overpairs (or technically middle pairs I guess).

I do think villain would float the flop possibly here if they didn't trust I hit the flop... I don't think they would re-raise w/KQo. They might re-raise on flush-draw I suppose or if the 9 hit them and they put me on the 6.

At any rate, thanks for the advice. Gives me ideas on questions to ask myself next time in reviews.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file