Sticky situation w/ AT

BagOfChipsBagOfChips Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
Got myself into a tough situation in the BB. I think my preflop raise should of been bigger. Also, i think my call on the turn could of been played differently. What do you guys think ?
Seat 1: MP2 ($22.74 in chips)
Seat 2: BUTTON ($18.19 in chips)
Seat 4: SB ($16.06 in chips)
Seat 5: ShOcKERX00X (HERO) ($16.06 in chips)
Seat 6: Villain ($13.66 in chips)
ew8fh will be allowed to play after the button
Meverik1988: posts small blind $0.08
ShOcKERX00X: posts big blind $0.16
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ShOcKERX00X :Ah :Th
sharif432: calls $0.16
MP2: folds
BU: folds
SB: calls $0.08
ShOcKERX00X: raises $0.48 to $0.64
Villain: calls $0.48
SB: folds
*** FLOP *** :7c :5s :4c
ShOcKERX00X: checks
Villain: checks
*** TURN *** :7c :5s :4c :Ac
ShOcKERX00X: bets $0.69
Villain: raises $2.83 to $3.52
ShOcKERX00X: calls $2.83
*** RIVER *** :7c :5s :4c :Ac :3s
ShOcKERX00X: checks
Villian: bets $8.16
ShOcKERX00X has timed out
ShOcKERX00X: folds
Uncalled bet ($8.16) returned to sharif432
Villain collected $8.10 from pot

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $8.48 | Rake $0.38

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 954 ✭✭✭
    Do you homeworks! Use Flopzilla or Equilab and show us some ranges assumption about your Villain:
    - What is he limp-calling preflop with ?
    - What is he raising so much on the turn with (3.52$ into a 2.13$ pot) ? How does look your equity?
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭✭
    Preflop i would go maybe 1 or 2 more bb. Postflop im fine half pot on turn then I'm likely folding to the raise. Not sure what he raises the turn with as a bluff.
  • BagOfChipsBagOfChips Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
    This was early into the session this table specifically. About 30 hands in the villian was about a 33 VPiP and 19 PFR
    Nothing specifically stood out about my opponent; If i had to summarize a range at this point, i would put him on small pocket pairs and Ax/(maybe Kx) hands. Possibly suited and non suited connectors. After running it through equilab im about a 46 to 53 under dog. I have nothing but a bluff catcher. The villain could have aces up or a flush. But i think the Kc is unlikely. After the Ac comes on the turn would villian still raise there with his 2pair? I suppose at these stakes all one is thinking is "ooh i have 2 pair or i have a flush" so maybe..?
  • BagOfChipsBagOfChips Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Thanks for your input though. As far as im concerned the 3 is pretty much a brick. The pot size bet confuses me though. Im more likely to have 54/A2 in my range than they are. That screams flush to me. If of course, theyre thinking on the same level as we are.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭✭
    I think they are more likely to have A2 or 54 then you. You raised 4bb out of the BB, which isn't consistent with 54 or A2. Your range becomes becomes basically suited broadways, 77+, ...that's about it and even bottom of that range probably checks.
    Decision is on the turn. Only bluff is KcTx, Ax6x, 66, maybe AxTc+

Your repping Ax, so villain can raise 2 pair+ without worrying too much about you have a flush. You checked the flop and you raised preflop. Your range is super A10+ heavy.

Once you work out a turn range that will raise you can find the answer to your question.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file