I lost all motivation

hopeless_fish dhopeless_fish d Red Chipper Posts: 45 ✭✭
I deposited a small amount on a swedish site and i initially did well and started playing 2 tables, unfort i started playing bad and lost motivation when recovering my loss become more and more difficult.

I still have a 40$ profit and might take that and run, actually i am pretty sure i will do that.

Comments

• persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your motivation is strictly tied to a graph or a $ question, you are very likely to lose motivation in poker.

Focus on learning the game and being open to taking chances and you'll rediscover why it was interesting to you (and most everyone) in the first place - the joy of solving the puzzle of the game.
  • hopeless_fish dhopeless_fish d Red Chipper Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited March 12
    persuadeo wrote: »
    If your motivation is strictly tied to a graph or a $ question, you are very likely to lose motivation in poker.

Focus on learning the game and being open to taking chances and you'll rediscover why it was interesting to you (and most everyone) in the first place - the joy of solving the puzzle of the game.
    you have a point. I pushed myself to play more and more in order to make money but then i ended up losing instead becuase i lost focus.

But i am losing interest in the game itself, texas holdem is too solved at this point, maybe i should try omaha.
  • YoshYosh Red Chipper Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
    Unless you are unusually gifted, the work required to become great at NL, and by extension make a lot of money playing, is staggering. You are correct that there is very little easy money left on the tree.
    Yosh wrote: »
    Unless you are unusually gifted, the work required to become great at NL, and by extension make a lot of money playing, is staggering. You are correct that there is very little easy money left on the tree.
    I might be pretty gifted, just changing to a solid preflop strategy was enough to make me a winner despite 6.25% rake (888).

But now i am losing interest in NLHE, i lost the passion i had for a few months. I will probably need adderal or something for this shit.
  • Dean MDean M Red Chipper Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    But now i am losing interest in NLHE, i lost the passion i had for a few months. I will probably need adderal or something for this shit.

LOL This is some good trolling...

If you're serious, then here's a two pronged solution:

1) Go get a job as a mason tender this summer... It'll kick your whiny millennial ass into shape (you won't need adderal) and motivate you to learn a profession where you're paid for your brain and not your brawn.

2) If you've truly lost interest in NLHE there's probably not much benefit posting in a NLHE forum.

Lol i might try to get a job instead, not decided yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file