99 in 3bet pot MTT. Donk range.

SneakySneaky Red Chipper Posts: 84 ✭✭
Hi guys,

I have a hand that got me thinking. I was very confused by Villain's line, and actually liked it.
Should you ever have a leading range in 3bet pots as a caller OOP?

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - 350/700 NL - Holdem - 8 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (UTG+1): 28.86 BB
MP: 24.29 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
MP+1: 8.27 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
CO: 28.83 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
BTN: 8.14 BB (VPIP: 12.31, PFR: 7.69, 3Bet Preflop: 5.00, Hands: 130)
SB: 20.46 BB (VPIP: 5.56, PFR: 7.14, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 18)
BB: 47.34 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 2)
UTG: 28.17 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 2)

8 players post ante of 0.11 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.36 BB) Hero has 9:heart: 9:club:

UTG raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 5.18 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls 3.18 BB

Flop: (12.71 BB, 2 players) :TS: :3D: :8D:
UTG bets 3.18 BB, Hero calls 3.18 BB

Turn: (19.07 BB, 2 players) :2H:
UTG bets 9.54 BB, fold

I like his line bc actually on this board I'll have as a 3bettor loads of overcards so he's leading prevents me from auto Profiting by Cbetting, plus when I call this small bet he knows that probably I don't have AA or KK bc I'd most likely raise due to FD on the board.

What do you guys think?

What hands would make a good leads there if ever?
AQ with :DIAMOND: , :DIAMOND: flush draws? <-- Wouldn't you want to just check call or even raise with good flush draws there? Or leading with Fd's is better bc you can set your own price for drawing?

Please share your thoughts.

Tagged:

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think your giving too much weight to him having a flush draw.

1) your 3 bet is pretty light given V rAises UTG and your utg1. I think your sizing is fine but I'm likely flatting. Kind of of meh.. Could go either way.

2) i agree with flatting the flop. I don't think you need to raise your over pairs. I think UTG can easily flat your 3 bet with QQ-AA instead of 4 betting and just donk small as he did. I think given the line you should be flatting flop with AQ, AK, 99+

If you have AdQd type hand he could donk-3bet instead of check raising. Its a 3 bet pot and EP range so how many flush draws can he have? AJ-AKs, KQs. Like 4 combod only. Very small portion of his range.

He was likely trapping with QQ+. I think you made a good fold. Not sure about your reasoning though since your creating a 2 spr pot then floating and folding. Investing a lot of valuable chips.

I think flat pre, flat flop, maybe flat turn. Evaluate river. You can get to the river for the same price.

2bb pre
    2bb flop
    4 bb turn
  • SneakySneaky Red Chipper Posts: 84 ✭✭
    I 3bet that hand bc I didn’t want to be squeezed by players behind me and I thought I can easily take the pot away from him by Cbetting.
    I know I spill a lot of chips there...
    I always assign more suited Broadway’s for 3bet caller: QTs,QJs,KQs,KTs,KJs and ATs-AQs ~8-10 combos bc some villain will flat A5s as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file