Online 6-max games

rjevskiyrjevskiy Red Chipper Posts: 90 ✭✭
Hi. I have a question on 6-max online games. I dont play a lot of live games and as a practice decided to play at one online sites and the only games they have for NL are 6-max tables. I had no prior experience with short tables and getting my butt kick. I am trying to figure out how to fix and adopt to these games. I use PokerTracker so I know at the table I get 2-3 LAG players (VPIP: 25% to 40%, PFR: 20% to 45%) and few Regular (loose/semi aggressive). I am having problems with LAG players. They do 3-bet a lot pre-flop and bet very strongly post flop. Few times that I call them down I lost to a better hand. I am pretty sure I fold a lot post-flop. But I do follow advice from Ed to "​Raise with weak hands and draws, and just call down with strong hands in these same strong situations"
Any suggestions at what I should look at or change like narrow down my opening range, less 2Bet pre-flop and etc.?
Thank you
PS. I am long time member of site and watch videos and read books. However, limited access to live games and therefore limited practice.

Comments

• CoffeeAt3AMCoffeeAt3AM Hudson Valley, NYRed Chipper Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Where are you playing? BetOnline (Chico network) and Ignition (Bovada's sister) both have 9max running 24/7. WPN also has 9max running regularly for several different stakes. I've never played at Global Poker yet but I would imagine they have 9max cash games, as well. Someone else can confirm this.
  • snafusnafu Red Chipper Posts: 56 ✭✭
    I've not played on BetOnline or Ignition so I can't speak to them but Global would be a very good site to serve your purposes quite well. No HUDs or tracking software allowed and plenty of 9 handed ring games at micro/small stakes that would play similarly to low stakes live games.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Global has very soft games 6 max and full ring.

Haven't checked out their tourneys yet but i imagine they are even softer.

Global probably the fastest growing network and its legal. You can deposit through paypal without any fees.

Downside is ...
    Cascade tables don't pop up so you gotta tile them if your playing multiple tables.

Can't filter per stake but you can organize tables by stakes.

Not much of any other downside....pretty easy to use. Lots of players on at all times.
    I created a Global Poker account about 45 minutes ago. I'm just trying to make sure I understand the deposit methods and then I'm putting some money down. The thing is that people on 2+2 told me they give you $2 in sweeps cash when you register but I only got 5,000 gold coins - no sweeps cash. I emailed support about it so we'll see what happens. It's only 50bb's @ 4NL anyway.

Was contemplating adding this network to my list of options for several months now. I think it's extremely +EV to start playing there according to everything I'm reading here and elsewhere. I'm on Ignition, WPN, BetOnline, Horizon, and Global now. That plus I'm pretty close to having a nice 15 BI roll for for $1/2 live so there's absolutely no shortage of opportunities for me.
  • snafusnafu Red Chipper Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Look for the "switch currency" button towards the top of the page. That will alternate your balance between gold coins and $weeps cash.
  • rjevskiyrjevskiy Red Chipper Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Hi. I play on Carbon Gaming site.
    I'm trying to get money off ACR. When i click withdraw half the screen cuts off and i can't do anything. Keep hearing shady stuff on ACR so putting that money into global. Great practice and more like live play where i can improve my game.
    edited April 2018
    Austin wrote: »
    I'm trying to get money off ACR. When i click withdraw half the screen cuts off and i can't do anything. Keep hearing shady stuff on ACR so putting that money into global. Great practice and more like live play where i can improve my game.

You know I've always thought it was shady over there but at least I started finding ways to win and move up. The thing is that even when I sit and watch 10NL and 25NL on that network, it looks bot infested, reg infested for sure, and all around just gives off a strange vibe. I still have just a few bucks left on there - not even enough worth a withdrawal - but I haven't played there in a while.

In fairness, I am hearing some rumors on 2p2 that things are improving there because of what happened with ChicagoJoey's allegations and the late registration abuse that was being called out. I would definitely take a wait and see approach when considering a deposit on WPN, though. There are other options currently.
    Joseph F wrote: »

You know I've always thought it was shady over there but at least I started finding ways to win and move up. The thing is that even when I sit and watch 10NL and 25NL on that network, it looks bot infested, reg infested for sure, and all around just gives off a strange vibe. I still have just a few bucks left on there - not even enough worth a withdrawal - but I haven't played there in a while.

In fairness, I am hearing some rumors on 2p2 that things are improving there because of what happened with ChicagoJoey's allegations and the late registration abuse that was being called out. I would definitely take a wait and see approach when considering a deposit on WPN, though. There are other options currently.

Global seems way less reg infested. Higher rake though. I don't mind semi tough games, but global plays more like live poker (kinda) so easier for me to practice some things i like to do.
    Joseph F wrote: »

Global seems way less reg infested. Higher rake though. I don't mind semi tough games, but global plays more like live poker (kinda) so easier for me to practice some things i like to do.

You might want to look at BetOnline (Chico Network) at this point, too. They removed everything below 10NL in the cash game, so a lot of the lowest stakes recs have just started playing 10 and 25NL full ring. The games look extremely soft with nice sized average pots.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file