3way 3bet pot KTs cbet?

SimkeSimke Red Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
Winamax - €0.10 NL (3 max) - Holdem - 3 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): 100 BB
BTN: 318.4 BB (VPIP: 69.23, PFR: 53.85, 3Bet Preflop: 21.31, Hands: 175)
SB: 106.7 BB (VPIP: 47.30, PFR: 33.65, 3Bet Preflop: 13.39, Hands: 1,050)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:heart: T:heart:

BTN raises to 3 BB, SB calls 2.5 BB, Hero raises to 12 BB, BTN calls 9 BB, SB calls 9 BB

Flop: (36 BB, 3 players) K:club: J:heart: 6:diamond:
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: (36 BB, 3 players) 9:spade:
SB bets 28 BB, Hero calls 28 BB, BTN calls 28 BB

River: (120 BB, 3 players) J:spade:
SB bets 66.7 BB and is all-in, fold, fold

[spoil]SB wins 178.9 BB
[/spoil]

Q:should i cbet this flop, i am always lost to bet or check in this multyway bloated pots, with not the best kicker.

Q2:If in the same sitation we were playing regulars, would you play any differently?

A: I think betting is best especially cause this too are on the loose side.

A2:depending on current flow of the game maybe cbet but generally i would play tighter oop, and only cbet AK, QTs and better

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vs some other players i will squeeze this. Against two stations its close to being a merged 3 bet..which means when you do hit top pair you likely should be stacking off.

Here I'm cbetting all day and like the other hand im going smallish side around 13bb. They can call with AJ, AT, AQ, KJ, KQ, QT, JT, T9, there are plenty of worse hands that will call.

Other side of things betting small creates akward stack on the turn. If you bet 20bb on the flop you can easily shove turn. Wouldn't make a habbit of 3 betting, hitting top pair, then being afraid of monsters under the bed.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I really like @Austin reply.

I'd add: :KH::TH: is a very good candidate to C-bet on :KC::JH::6D: .
    -> (as Austin said:) you're facing wide ranges and sticky players. So TPmedK is good often to value c-bet against loose sticky players.
    -> you've a LOT of great turn cards to improve with as you've bckd :HEART: 2nd nutFD and bckd straight draws: you're aiming for any :HEART: , A, K, Q, T, 9 to increase your equity and value / semi-bluff turn c-bet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file