TonyTwoCheeksTonyTwoCheeks Red Chipper Posts: 17 ✭✭
Hand played at $1-$3 L'auberge in Baton Rouge, LA

Hero stack: $350
Hi-Jack stack: $325

*** PRE-FLOP ***
UTG: limps $3
UTG+1: limps $3
UTG+2: limps $3
Lo-Jack (Hero): raises $35 with [Ah Kd] Taking advice from previous post and raised larger.
This is where UTG+2 looks at me and says "$35? Really?" My reply was "Don't worry. They'll be three calls."
Hi-Jack: calls $35
Small Blind: folds
Big Blind: folds
UTG: calls $32
UTG+1: calls $32 Hmmm. Look at that, three calls.
UTG+2: folds
Pot Size: $147

*** FLOP *** [Ks Jc 7c]
UTG: checks
UTG+1: checks
Hero: bets $100 (70% pot)
Hi-Jack: calls $100
UTG: folds
UTG+1: folds
Pot Size: $347

*** TURN *** [Ks Jc 7c 4h]
Hero: bets all-in for $190 effective (55% pot) The pot seems to have gotten large rather quickly and the turn is an obvious brick.
Hi-Jack: calls $190
Pot Size: $727

*** RIVER *** [Ks Jc 7c 4h Tc]

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you think Villains call your bomb preflop ? What is their ranges ? What is your equity?

Do you see any alternative path ? What about C-R ? What about one of the Villain raising you on the flop ?
  • moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    1. As played, yeah, you get it in. If V hit a set, so be it. You're at the top of your range and the board is wet enough that V could be on a draw. You certainly could consider check-raising, too. Again, you're still planning on getting it in.

2. Pre-flop: <head-smack>. Don't -- please don't!! -- say anything when V questions your bet size. I would be willing to wager your pre-flop raise that, had you said nothing, the response to your raise would have been muuuuuuch different. As soon as you say that, it screams that you're looking to steal money or isolate. And when you say, "there will be three callers", you realize that you are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy, right? People consciously or sub-consciously will look to make it happen!!

Going back to the first point in light of the second point: I think that you are up against pretty wide ranges. So, yes, someone might have flopped a set. But, I would be shocked to see KQ, QT, AJ or some other weird thing calling you down.

For the record, I don't discount the possibility that V had AA or KK because of the second point that I suggested above.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My default here is around $25 but appears to be a gambling table, so as long as your doing the same thing with TT+ AQ+ and mixture of other hands A10s+ etc then your raise makes sense.

Postflop i disagree with check raising.
    1) board does not favor callers range, so they are unlikely to bet.
    2) you block top pair but don't block any flush draws.
    3) spr is like 2, so well played. Bet and get it in.

An observant opponent may be able to pick up on the fact you have AK here by your sizing or what you say. I don't think you said anything wrong. I think staying quiet is some what worse because usually means you can be bluffing where talking means your comfortable.

Overall i think its well played.

Lose to two combos of KJs, 1 combo KK, 3 combos JJ, 3 combos of 77. Total of 9 combos. But your way ahead of most other hands that are drawing. They will still gamble with hands like Tc9c which has double gutter and flush draw for 15 outs but your still ahead.
  • TonyTwoCheeksTonyTwoCheeks Red Chipper Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Thank you for the comments. Just to complete the story, Villain had [Kc Qs].

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file