6-max vs full ring

Timothy BryantTimothy Bryant Red Chipper Posts: 18 ✭✭
Hello,

Would you guys reccommend full ring or 6 max to players in the early/intermediate stages of learning? I personally have better results playing cash 6 max but wanted to get some additional feedback with perspective.

Comments

• jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think optimal play at 6 max (against good competition) is tougher than at full ring, so I like getting good at full ring first. The fundamentals are more in play at full ring and that's your foundation. 6 max is theoretically more advanced. You don't want any gaps in your knowledge. Of course, impossible for us to know if you're actually better at 6 max right now, and if so why.
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭
    6m for the win!

more fun / more learning as you play more hands / more action / easy to go from 6m to FR(little harder the other way) / as you move up the stakes you won't even find FR tables
  • MidnightFoxMidnightFox Red Chipper Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    6-max microstakes is a great way to learn.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to be very consistent FR and small winner to break even at six max early in my poker Journey. Six max taught me a ton. Can be some what tilty as there are way more 3 bets and aggressive play causing a lot more variance. Check your ego at the door.

With that said if you can beat online six max you can pretty much crush live poker. From everything I heard Global Poker is one of the best sites right now. With easy deposit and cashouts through paypal.

Good luck

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file