Hand 1 of 3: How is my line here?

LeMonshadeLeMonshade Red Chipper Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited April 2018 in Tournament Poker Hands
Hi all,

I've got 3 or so hands from last night I'm interested in getting some feedback on. The first I'm not sure about my line vs a calling station, particularly my decisions on the flop and the river. Online tournament opened with 100BB, we're about 15 minutes in, full ring, although we've got 3 sitting out.

15/30, no antes.
V1: 66BB. Playing very loose, VPIP around 90%, PFR around 70%. Calls every raise and bet, always c-bets, but doesn't 3 bet or donk (based on short amount of time).
V2: 121BB. Not much known at this stage, assuming more on the TAG side...!
Hero: 112BB

Hero, LJ: :Th:Td
Action has folded around to me. I raise to 4BB
HJ: Fold
V1, CO: Call
Button: Sat out, fold
SB: Fold
V2, BB: Call

Flop: :5h:7c:7d
Pot: 12.5BB

V2: Check
Hero: Check. I think a 7 is well within V1's range here, and because they're a calling station, I don't want to overvalue my overpair and build the pot too early only to be drawing almost dead. Is this correct? Should I have thought more about combos here?
V1: Check

Turn: :3h
Pot: 12.5BB

V2: Check
Hero: Bet 70% pot
V1: Insta calls
V2: Fold

River: :AS:
Pot: 30BB

Hero: Bet 50% pot
V1: Calls, turns over :AC::4H:

I'm not sure about checking on the flop, doing so told me that 7x hands weren't very likely as neither V1 or V2 bet into me, but it also gave V1 a street for free.

I'm also not sure about my 50% pot bet on the river. Should I have bet at all here? I wasn't expecting an Ax hand, but maybe I should've been with V1 getting a street for free earlier and so being more likely to continue. Should I have been pushing the pain threshold with V1 along the streets?

Comments

• NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not giving free cards to a calling station to let him realize his equity when I have a value hand. He can obviously have a 7 sometimes but he will also call with much worse. Flop is a clear value bet. Don't look for monsters under the bed or overthink it.
  • EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Ninjah, bet the flop bet the turn the river not a great card, but probably betting it 1/3 pot or something (might be tempted to check it back in a tournament, with out read this guy would call with any 5 and I'm probably being too conservative).....

Given your description of this guy he's passive, so if he raises you at any point you can fold. When that's the case, (loose/passive) plan bet fold for 3 streets when you have a hand.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odds of flopping trips is like 2%

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file