Made Hands and Bet Sizing

Jaymes BJaymes B Red Chipper Posts: 46 ✭✭
When I get a made hand I usually bet the size of the pot. I usually use the same bet size with my C-Bets as well even when I don't hit. I would like some criticism on this. I don't do this 100% of the time but more often than not.
Tagged:

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 665 -
    While you're waiting for the community to chip in here, you might find the following old thread useful: https://forum.redchippoker.com/discussion/4907/ask-your-questions-about-bet-sizing
    Moderation In Moderation
  • CubanBCubanB Red Chipper Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Potting it with 100% of your c-bet range is likely putting too much money into the pot too often. Also important in today's games that we aren't cbetting 100% of the time
    - doesn't sound like you do that, but we want to avoid light cbets in spots where light cbets aren't good wherever possible.

There are a number of great c-betting strategy videos on the Pro Dashboard if you're a member here at RCP - check out Continuation Betting 101 for an overall primer on the continuation betting process. And if even if you aren't a member, there are still a ton of good free resources on the internet if you know where to look.

To get you started, here is a decent Upswing article that discusses c-bet sizing considerations:
    https://www.upswingpoker.com/c-bet-sizing-strategy-continuation-bet/

And here's a free cbetting vid by RCP's own @SplitSuit:
  • PBF_ProdigyPBF_Prodigy Red Chipper Posts: 438 ✭✭✭
    "If a value/SDV hand is close I might VB it a little more OOP" .

To be fair, this came out in 2014, so you kind (somewhat) ignore that the advice is generally outdated, but this above line is embarrassingly wrong. It is never a good idea to try to bloat pots with mediocre value hands, especially if betting gets you blown up in the first place.

You want to do the exact opposite, and have a stronger checking range with your strong showdown value hands OOP so you don't check/fold all the time.

For example, KJ on J73r plays much more straightforwardly in your c/c c/c (c/c or fold) or bet c/c (c/c or fold) range rather than your bet / bet / hate everything by the river because you're OOP.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file