Wet ip

HerocallerHerocaller Red Chipper Posts: 69
edited May 2015 in Live Poker Hands
Obviously being ip is a benefit for almost all situations and dynamic flops favor the ip player to a greater degree than a neutral flop but does a wet flop in and of itself also benefit the ip player more than a neutral flop would? So would a wet static flop favor an ip player more than a dry static flop?

Comments

• Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 595 ✭✭
    If we are talking about something like :Ad :7h :2d in the regards that there are a few draws that makes this "static" board "wet" then this kind of board still decreases the value of being IP. People won't flop flush draws nearly enough and having a made hand like a pair of aces still is going to be good a large amount of times even if a flush comes in.
    -Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
    Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
    Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com
  • HerocallerHerocaller Red Chipper Posts: 69
    Thx. That's a good example but I mean more like kt7 w two hrts.
  • Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 595 ✭✭
    Thats more dynamic to me than static because :Ks :Th :7h is a board that will favor both of you in more than 1 way, because earlier position have more broadway combos vs late position who can have wider amount but you can expect variance to really play a part here because there are multiple ways to hit this board. If the the late positioner is any good here too he can put a large amount of pressure on naked paired hands here which there will be alot of bad turn cards that puts the early positioner in really really tough spots.

Think about what cards are obsoletely the worse cards to come:
    :Ah :Qh :Jh :9h are going to be the worse cards here.

The bad cards but no so bad cards are going to be:
    Most :Xh that wasnt mention above
    :A? :Q? :J? :9? :8?

Certain cards here can help certain hands realize equity would be something like:
    :Xs :T?

Sometimes a :6? is wouldn't be good but not as much but not useless either.

Then the rest would basically be close to brick but at this point your bricks are what?
    :K? (Thats not heart)
    :5? :4? :3? :2? :7?

Not many total bricks so thats why i say this board to me is more dynamic than static.

Overall, this is just a simple way of looking at it, there are many things you want to think about besides looking at how board textures affect which position. I advise to do a little analysis using flopzilla to see how certain ranges affects these kinds of boards. In general what makes a board dynamic vs static to me, is looking at how often the best hand on the flop stays the best hand by the river and most of the time dynamic boards will have a ton of cards you really don't want to see. On a board like :Ad :7h :2d like i made earlier, i think of them as dry flops as well because there is only one obvious draw here and it is never enough to make me think different about it like a flop like :Ad :7h :2s ... Draws make up a small percentage of their range but most of the time their range is going to have more paired combos which means even if :Ks :Th :7h was :Kh :Ts :7d im still thinking about hands like QT, AT, JT, T8, etc. those playable hands would be able to realize equity on future streets much more easily. Having more draws with these kind of ranges will hurt our equity going forward more because in these situation we don't have a high equity like we would of have if we had the best hand from the flop, so understanding what really affects our equity is really important.

Once again just look at flopzilla with the different ranges and how it affects different boards so you can get a feel of what i am saying.
    -Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
    Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
    Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com
  • HerocallerHerocaller Red Chipper Posts: 69

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file