Bb complete
Hero called
Flop Q106rainbow (165)
Check around
Turn
Bb check
Hero
Villain bet 140.
What should hero do here? Should hero donk bet on flop? Villain is bluffy and just lost big a pot to hero previously.

Comments

• jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kmuffman k wrote: »
    5/5 game
    Hero 800 effective -Tag
    Villain 1000 effective - loose rec player

There can't be 2 different effective stacks. Those are the actual stacks. Effective stacks are 800.

Hero UTG open with AQo for 20
    Villain LP 3bet to 55.

Do you have a guess for what kind of range he might have here?
  • kmuffman kkmuffman k Red Chipper Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Sorry effective stack is 800.
    Prior to this hand i 3bet with JQs in mp and won a big pot against another opp. I feel that he might have widen his 3bet ranges after he saw how wide I 3bet but this was probably the 2nd time I've seen him 3bet and both time he took down pots without shd . Opp did show some hands when he smashed the board.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Turn
    Didn't you forget to input the turn card? :)
    Hero UTG open with AQo for 20
    Villain LP 3bet to 55.
    Bb complete
    What do you think of BB cold calling the 3bet OOP ? What info do you have on Villain in the BB ?

Furethermore: Villain, even if aggro, 3bet you. Another (unknown?) Villain cold call OOP. You have a decent pot odds to call, but is it worth it aka how can you make AQo postflop profitable here?
    What should hero do here? Should hero donk bet on flop? Villain is bluffy and just lost big a pot to hero previously.
    You always want Villain to give you action with the widest range possible.
    Against a bluffy Villain, is it better to bet or to let him bet?
  • Yanming ZYanming Z Red Chipper Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    How about a 4 bet pre? To 150-200?

Calling here seems like putting yourself in a bad situation, yes the pot odds are good, but you won't be opening or closing the action post flop. As you can see, even hitting the Q won't make you very confident with your hand. Being the monkey in the middle in a multiway/bloated pot is never ideal.

4 betting maybe scary to do, but going post flop with the lead heads up give you much better chance to win the pot. And if he 5 bets you, you are deep enough to make a correct fold. Don't worry about long term variance from 4 betting light, because you'll probably only do this once per session. Also you'll make people think twice before 3 betting you light for rest of the session, especially if you have TAG image.

Yanming Z wrote: »
    As you can see, even hitting the Q won't make you very confident with your hand.

Unless he was slowplaying :)

• EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭✭
    If I'm calling AQ oop,in a 3 bet pot... I do it because I have control. Does villain have bet tells.....does he Cbet if checked too,...if he checks back does that mean equity...or is he trappy....Is his 3 bet to 55 (not 60+) indicative of big pair or is it more likely something else.

Without these ideas in my head I'm not playing AQ oop in a 3 bet pot, I mean whats your plan play fit or fold, call once on a low board and hope he checks the turn so you can take it away on the river....check shove a low flop. Without control you have no plan so you have to either 4 bet or folding...4 betting not too bad if you think he might be getting out of line as AQ has great blockers...and nobody at this level shoves anything less then KK so you don't have to feel committed,

He turned over kjo. 4th bet would hand been the better play on pref i believe so now, but as played I think he would hand semi bluff my donk bet and I would be in a tough position for my stack..
    Turn card was a K
    He turned over kjo. 4th bet would hand been the better play on pref i believe so now, but as played I think he would hand semi bluff my donk bet and I would be in a tough position for my stack..

Maybe but that doesn't really seem consistent with checking the flop in position.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file