My CORE improvement [blog?]

DieterDieter Red Chipper Posts: 11 ✭✭
Hey everyone.

During the last year and a half I didn't play much poker. Call it an extensive break for reasons beyond my control.
Now I'm back at the game. I play online and used to be a nl10-nl25zoom reg. If you can call that a reg at least.

At the moment I'm coping with a lot of rust on my game and I moved down to NL2 to have a fresh start. I will use CORE as my main guideline and my means of improving. I will keep some sort of blog here (kinda new to that) to have a place to jot down my progress.

Check back regularly for updates. The real grind starts tomorrow.

Comments

• LeChiffreLeChiffre Red Chipper Posts: 140 ✭✭
    As always good luck out there, and happy grinding!
  • dnoyeBdnoyeB Red Chipper Posts: 139 ✭✭
    This will be interesting. Pouring through the videos is messing my game up. Its hard for me to intuitively differentiate between $1/$2 type of play and $5/$10 type of play. If I watch too many videos talking about how much people should bluff and that you should call these bluffing players I end up calling people that never bluff. Takes me a few days to get my head back on right. Its not the videos its just my difficulty in separating the relevant parts for the games I play in.
  • DieterDieter Red Chipper Posts: 11 ✭✭
    I figured I'd have my first update quite soon. It seems the RCP rungood is rubbing off.
    Before I go to results I want to say that playing with a goal (learning and practising a CORE lesson) is really fun and keeps your concentrated in moments you'd otherwise drift a bit off.

I played my first 1k hands and managed a 44.57bb/100 winrate. I know, very small sample size and it's NL2, so it doesn't mean a lot. (but it's always nice to be +)

Thanks for the comments and stay tuned.
  • LeChiffreLeChiffre Red Chipper Posts: 140 ✭✭
    Where do you play? Any interesting hands where you applied your goal?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 572 -
    The originators of the CORE content will be following your progress with interest.

Good luck ~ Kat
    Moderation In Moderation
  • DieterDieter Red Chipper Posts: 11 ✭✭
    I wanted to update sooner but some real life issues interfered. Right before the weekend our car broke down (and now it seems fixing it is too costly so we're on the lookout for a new one).
    And this weekend, our beloved pet died after having a stroke. She was old for her breed but it's always too soon. She'll be missed.
    No ETA when there will be an update, will get to playing this week again tho.
  • WickedWicked Red Chipper Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your pet. That’s never easy.
  • talonjohntalonjohn Red Chipper Posts: 35 ✭✭
    I'm interested to see the positive results from CORE. Hang in there, and good luck!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file