AA fold on the flop facing C/R - rate my play

N AN A Red Chipper Posts: 147 ✭✭
edited April 23 in General Concepts
Game is 1/3

V1 is 30s white guy. He is a regular(ish) and drunk. He's probably on the "looser" side of range. Never 3!

V2 is 30s regular lag Korean guy with sunglasses and a farmer hat. A couple weeks ago, I thought he was good, but he's just a maniac, who got lucky. Always bets big into the pot when he thinks he has it.

Hero is a boring tag with winning image.

V1's stack $300
V2's stack $600
Hero's stack $800

Hand 1:

V1 limps from EP, V2 calls from CO

Hero on the button with :Jc :Jh and raises to $20

Blinds fold, V1 calls, V2 calls

3 way to the flop:

:Qs :Td :Tc ($64)

V1 checks, V2 checks

Hero bets $40 (maybe a check here? But both Vs range are so wide, I thought I'd bet for value)
Although smaller size would be better for my hand.

V1 calls, V2 calls

Turn :Ah ($184)

V1 donks $90
V2 calls

Hero folds within 5 seconds.

They play the hand down,
Turn :2h

V1 wins with :As :Kc

Hand 2:

The very next hand, the same thing happens.

V1 limps, V2 calls.

Hero in the CO with :Ah :As and raises to $20. I'm hoping they put me on tilt raise.

V1 calls, V2 calls.

Same 3 players to the flop:

:Kd :Qc :3s ($64)

V1 checks, V2 checks,

Hero bets $40. Exactly the same line like before.

V1 calls, V2 raises all in for $430

Hero thought about it for 10 seconds and fold.

V1 folds, he shows a 3
V2 wins the pot, he flashes his bottom card, a 3

I cashed out still in profit not long after that

Comments

• jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭
    Hero is a boring tag with winning image.
    :( . Why not be an interesting TAG with a winning image?

So, V-1 seems like he will limp call hands as good as AK, which is concerning. That means he can have KQ. Will V-2 open stronger hands? If V-2 will open hands like KQ and we cannot remove it from his range, then I then it's conservative but a fine fold? If not, hands like j10o are very likely, as are K10, KJ, ect. So if you think that they will raise hands like AK, KQ, ect, but limp weaker hands like 33, and j10o, we can range them between better. You described V-2 as a maniac who always bets big when he think he has it. If I can remove KQ from their limping range, I'm not loving it but based on your description, I'm calling it off. Nut job V's will show up with wacky stuff here man. They think they can just body you by raising huge. And of course, they got a outs! Will he show up with 33 here sometimes? Sure. And he had a 3. Does he have K3 or Q3 suited here sometimes? Ya, sure, OK. And I understand your fold, and against an unknown general pop 1/3 V, I'd do the same thing. But based on your description, based on the fact that this wasn't an open and a call (which I'd give V a lot more credit for having KQ), I just reallyyyyyyy don't wanna fold it. I don't hate your fold, as it seems like one of those "mmmm man there will be better spots" kind of hands, and you have played with V before if he is a "I GOT THE GOODS ALL THE MONEY GOES IN NOW", then yeah I really lean towards folding. If he is a manic who freaks out with he hits crap like K3, I fold. But, if he is a maniac who banks of fold equity with his draws, like J10o, I call. I know it's kind of one of those "ya do either or", but really this comes down to player and tendency for me.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hand #1 as you stated smaller cbet on dryish board

Hand #2 again smaller cbet is fine.

Limpers won't have a ton of hands they can call with so around half pot on both hands is fine.

Good fold vs shove. People suck at playing sets and 2 pairs.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭
    Meh I'd surely have fold as well.

AA is a sad fold, but it's hard to see V2 C-R with blocked AK or KJ. If he already made such big raise with non nutted hand, then we should call and hope we hold.
    Austin wrote: »
    Hand #2 again smaller cbet is fine.
    We have an over pair against KX, QX, JT, gutshots, ev. 3X for 1 street (?). I agree about a smaller c-bet in Hand 1 (Q and TT aren't great for JJ), but Hand 2 I'm on board with a 66% cbet.

• N AN A Red Chipper Posts: 147 ✭✭
    jfarrow13 wrote: »
    I don't hate your fold, as it seems like one of those "mmmm man there will be better spots" kind of hands, and you have played with V before if he is a "I GOT THE GOODS ALL THE MONEY GOES IN NOW", then yeah I really lean towards folding. If he is a manic who freaks out with he hits crap like K3, I fold. But, if he is a maniac who banks of fold equity with his draws, like J10o, I call. I know it's kind of one of those "ya do either or", but really this comes down to player and tendency for me.

I've seen him do both, puts the money in with made hands and draws too. So that's why I'm like....mmm...I will find better posts.
    Austin wrote: »
    Good fold vs shove. People suck at playing sets and 2 pairs.

Thanks....and agree.

Red wrote: »
    Meh I'd surely have fold as well.

AA is a sad fold, but it's hard to see V2 C-R with blocked AK or KJ. If he already made such big raise with non nutted hand, then we should call and hope we hold.

V2's C/R to 2 opponents, so I give him more credit.
  • moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    N A wrote: »
    Hand 2:

The very next hand, the same thing happens... I'm hoping they put me on tilt raise.

V1 calls, V2 calls.

I don't think that anyone would put you on tilt after the hand before. So, I wouldn't factor this in to your hand play at all. Did you out-think yourself?

As-played, I'd fold, too.
  • jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭
    Sad but solid fold. I had a similar one the my last session where I was just wrong about an unknown.

$1/3 1 open to $9 1 call to me in SB with KQo I make it $35 good squeeze spot IMO ($9 weak PP/SC generally), BB stops and asks me how much I'm playing, $250, no info on V yet, warning bells. I don't like that. He smooth calls. I'm thinking AK, AQ, QQ-10's maybe PP. $9 open folds, loose $9 flatter calls.
    Pot 140~
    Flop :KD: :JC: :7C: , checks to me I c-bet $50, no need to size up here IMO, it's enough to fold out weak crap, and I'm not getting called by worse, V-1 calls, loose V-2 calls.

Turn :2H: I check, I'm just not thrilled about how the hand is playing out V-1 snap puts out $100, V-2 calls off for less...I fold. I just don't really see what I beat, and if I'm trying with KQ w.e. V-1 had :AD: :JD: to scoop. Assumptions about $1/3 player pool proven wrong, however I wasn't tilted about the fold. I think it's the right fold overall. Oh, and V-1 ended up losing his $800 stack over the next 4 hours picking way too many hands pre and overplaying his hands, including sending that about $350 your boys way. Baseline--->adjustments--->profit? (maybe better decisions and hopefully profit).
  • N AN A Red Chipper Posts: 147 ✭✭
    edited April 25
    N A wrote: »
    Hand 2:

The very next hand, the same thing happens... I'm hoping they put me on tilt raise.

V1 calls, V2 calls.

I don't think that anyone would put you on tilt after the hand before. So, I wouldn't factor this in to your hand play at all. Did you out-think yourself?

As-played, I'd fold, too.

I was hoping V1 or V2 would limp reraise preflop.
    jfarrow13 wrote: »
    Sad but solid fold. I had a similar one the my last session where I was just wrong about an unknown.

$1/3 1 open to $9 1 call to me in SB with KQo I make it $35 good squeeze spot IMO ($9 weak PP/SC generally), BB stops and asks me how much I'm playing, $250, no info on V yet, warning bells. I don't like that. He smooth calls. I'm thinking AK, AQ, QQ-10's maybe PP. $9 open folds, loose $9 flatter calls.
    Pot 140~
    Flop :KD: :JC: :7C: , checks to me I c-bet $50, no need to size up here IMO, it's enough to fold out weak crap, and I'm not getting called by worse, V-1 calls, loose V-2 calls.

Turn :2H: I check, I'm just not thrilled about how the hand is playing out V-1 snap puts out $100, V-2 calls off for less...I fold. I just don't really see what I beat, and if I'm trying with KQ w.e. V-1 had :AD: :JD: to scoop. Assumptions about $1/3 player pool proven wrong, however I wasn't tilted about the fold. I think it's the right fold overall. Oh, and V-1 ended up losing his $800 stack over the next 4 hours picking way too many hands pre and overplaying his hands, including sending that about $350 your boys way. Baseline--->adjustments--->profit? (maybe better decisions and hopefully profit).

Good adjustment. I'm starting to think more about how to adjust to my table when I'm taking a break. I visualize each player, their style, and how to beat them.

But, most players in my pool are bad, loose passive players. If they're not loose passive, then they're tag, which is my playing style, so I know their tendencies.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file