AA 3bet pot vs a cold caller

AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 26 in Live Poker Hands
Main villain limps UTG+1
Tight passive player. Earlier he was in the BB. There was a raise to $20 and 2 callers. He flatted JJ in the BB. Flop J64cc he leads 80 PSB. Turn came 3rd club. Turn and river go check check. He will limp around 30% of his hands but doesn't get involved postflop without TP or better.

Utg+1 calls 5
Mp calls 5
Co calls 5
Btn makes it $25
Hero (600) :Ad :Ac 3bet to 95
Utg+1 cold calls $90
Btn calls $75 (loose wild player)

Flop ($300) :Kh :9h :3c
Hero bets $115
Utg+1 ($255) calls $115
Btn ($400) folds

Turn ($530) :Jh
Hero checks
Utg+1 all in $140ish
Hero???

hero folds :Ad :Ac face up. I put him on KK.
villain did show which I will reveal later.

Comments

• ivandurstivandurst Red Chipper Posts: 124 ✭✭
    edited April 26
    I like the 3 bet sizing, esp against a loose player. Your effective SPR is <1 on the flop against UTG+1 and you have aces, there's no such thing as a fold here. Didn't look at spoiler, but if he has it, NH
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ivandurst wrote: »
    I like the 3 bet sizing, esp against a loose player. Your effective SPR is <1 on the flop against UTG+1 and you have aces, there's no such thing as a fold here. Didn't look at spoiler, but if he has it, NH

What hands cold call $95 pre that limp utg from a tightish player?

Jj qq kk aa. Have to be credit for at least AK here on the flop. Although I would likely bet QQ or JJ as well at least half the time. I block AK which may cold call. Really not sure what I beat on the turn. 1 combo of AKs, 3 combos of KQs. Lose to 3 combos of KK. I don't ever put someone on a flush here with Kh and Jh on the board. Would have to cold call AhTh or Ah Qh preflop. I can see that from a loose player, not from a tight player.

Getting 4:1 , a little better, but how he played the JJ despite the pot being large i can't find enough hands. Most KQs hands just muck pre.

Wasn't easy fold. Maybe comes down to live read more than anything else. Reading it on the forum its a call and hope there is not a 4th heart.
  • SullySully Red Chipper Posts: 711 ✭✭✭
    Austin wrote: »

What hands cold call $95 pre that limp utg from a tightish player?

Who cares? Just get your money in and move on

• YoshYosh Red Chipper Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
    edited April 26
    You're missing a few combinations of AK that make this a really easy call getting 5 to 1. You also downbet the flop and there are consequences to laying great prices.

Help stamp out blockers.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :Ah :Qh made a lucky tight fold
  • TravisTravis Red Chipper Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    Against the player you described I am folding too..JJ he folds on the flop. AK hates the turn so calls. As you said only involved with top pair plus.. so only two hands he jams on turn KK and AQh.. both beat you.
    Good play

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file