SB calls $15
Hero calls $15
Turn ($75) :3c
Sb checks
Hero bets $50
MP folds
Sb all in $500ish

Mp tight \ passive
SB unknown middle age asian guy. Sat down maybe 6 hands ago. Hasn't raised or showed any aggression. Limped a couple of hands and folded on the flop or called pfr and folded on the flop. Never seen him before.

My hand is face up so only logical hand is 9c7c. What else shoves the turn?

Guy tried to convince me he shoved Kc on the turn but doesn't make any sense. The hand would likely call unless he really thinks i am folding Ac suicidal bluff on his part.

Comments

• The MuleThe Mule Red Chipper Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    You folded @Austin ?

9c7c makes no sense either.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mule wrote: »
    You folded @Austin ?

9c7c makes no sense either.

Just thought it was a funny hand. I know forum will call me the biggest nit ever. I super leveled myself on this hand.

Hero hand face up as :AC:
    What hand shoves?

Guy has an aggression factor of zero.

Played may be an hour now with him and only hand he has bet is top set. Doesn't raise TT preflop. Doesn't know how to value bet. Loose passive preflop.

I thought he might think "no one shoves straight flush" so he shoves to make it look stupid. But if he thinks i have :AC: he should expect to get snapped. So shoving actually makes sense if you know other person has :AC: why not shove if you will get snapped?

I did fold... Guy didn't show. I folded face up so if he was bluffing he would show right? What hand shoves 5x pot vs a face up nut flush?

I mean i lose to 1 combo but i don't think he shoves a hand like 6x7c as a bluff. He barely bet top set. Idk my mind is going crazy a little because i never folded this spot before. I've folded lower boards JJ on KQQJ board before and was right. I tend to trust my read.

I have position on the guy so hopefully i stack him later. Not going out of my way to do it but just curious for later on.
  • Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    Why would he shove the stone cold nuts and squeeze out sb or risk losing value from you?
    Wiki_Leaks wrote: »
    Why would he shove the stone cold nuts and squeeze out sb or risk losing value from you?

Believe me i understand. This and many other things went through my mind. After about 2hrs of play this and one other hand was the only time he bet. Other time was top set.

Given this additional information i think it can be possible he had straight flush. More so than a hand like Kcx. Top set he shoved as well on T83 board for a gross overbet as well like 3x pot or something.

After this hand he called me chicken. I said you seem mad i didn't call. He said, "not mad, it was the only way i could get you to fold." I'm pretty confident based on his speech he had it. Why antagonize someone to call you later on if you bluffed them? Why not show the bluff?

I think its just one of those sick spots, cooler, I avoided or i tell myself that to sleep better.
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28
    Reminds me of a hand I saw too many moons ago to remember all the details but -

Two guys were super deep and the board ran out something like 5c6c2d 8c9c. Guy bet/3b jams allin(big overbet) on river. Young pro goes into the tank. Finally calls and asks "do you have the seven?" Guy says yes and instantly turns over the 7s thinking he has straight flush. He some how forgot or misread his cards. Of course the pro had the Ac, and a ~5k pot to go with it!
    kenaces wrote: »
    Reminds me of a hand I saw too many moons ago to remember all the details but -

Two guys were super deep and the board ran out something like 5c6c2d 8c9c. Guy bet/3b jams allin(big overbet) on river. Young pro goes into the tank. Finally calls and asks "do you have the seven?" Guy says yes and instantly turns over the 7s thinking he has straight flush. He some how forgot or misread his cards. Of course the pro had the Ac, and a ~6k pot to go with it!

Next time.... the $500 might be worth not over thinking this spot.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People don't show when they internally feel like they have have done something foolish, win or lose, so not all bluffs get shown. However, they definitely love to show straight flushes or their quads. The evidence suggests he bluffed, not the opposite.
  • RoblivionRoblivion WisconsinRed Chipper Posts: 192 ✭✭✭
    Based on villain description, it seems unlikely that he would ever make this move with the Kc OR as a bluff. I guess I could see him doing this with the straight flush assuming you have the Ac and won't be able to fold.

This could also be one of those spots where he flopped the king high flush and is unable to come to terms with how much the board texture changed on the turn so he just shoves out of anxiety/confusion.
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    I think you'll need sleeping pills @Austin
    I think you'll need sleeping pills @Austin

Slept like 4hrs :-)
  • Yanming ZYanming Z Red Chipper Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    There's a conflict of logic in your post. The villain had not done anything in the session indicates that he's a thinking player who can hand read, so I doubt he puts you on specifically Ac from one 2/3 pot bet. Also I don't think he's trying to level you by "who shove with the nuts here? So I must be bluffing.", it's not a move that a non-thinking player is capable of. And you can't assume he has it because he didn't show, only novice players show their bluffs.

I've witnessed many occasions where a nit spaz shove their stack without the nuts. In this hand the chance of him having the straight flush is less than 1/2000. I'd always call off here, because I believe the chance of a nit tilting and spazzing is much greater than 1/2000.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file