Straddle pots + completing BB

AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
I play in a 3 blind game and when there is a straddle it becomes a four blind game.

Btn $2
Sb $3
Bb $5
Straddle $10

Question is without a raise preflop and a couple of limpers, usually BB is getting anywhere from 6:1 to 10:1 on the extra $5

BB hand only needs like 10-17% equity.

How wide our we supposed to complete BB here?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,005 -
    The 10-17% equity would only be directly relevant if the hand went straight to showdown without further betting. Plus the positional disadvantage really compromises what you can do. Splitsuit discusses the more conventional situation of completing the SB in a 2-blind game, but the ideas carry over to your situation: https://redchippoker.com/complete-small-blind-in-live-poker/
    Moderation In Moderation
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    The 10-17% equity would only be directly relevant if the hand went straight to showdown without further betting. Plus the positional disadvantage really compromises what you can do. Splitsuit discusses the more conventional situation of completing the SB in a 2-blind game, but the ideas carry over to your situation: https://redchippoker.com/complete-small-blind-in-live-poker/

Thanks gamekat. I've watched this before as well. I keep seeing other videos on latb or clp that are a bit wider closer to 60-80% of hands. I think i can fold all the off suite junk. Suited i complete and 1 gap connectors as well, but have to play well post. Maybe marginal winners, but the most +EV of it all is i don't look like a super nit folding 70% of my BB.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,005 -
    I know some great players who recommend wider ranges than James' suggestions. Jason Sommerville is one, but he is an exceptional post-flop player.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file