KTs ip three way facing two barrels

AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
1\2\3\6
Ep limps
Co limps
Btn :Kc :Tc raises to $26
*little small but most players are under 200.
Sb ($150) calls $26
*tight passive
EP folds
Co calls $20

Flop ($93) :Kh :3c :2d
Sb check
Co check
Hero check
Turn ($93) :8s
Sb check
Co bets $45
Hero calls $45
Sb folds
River ($183) :4c
Co all in $97
Hero calls

Co old white guy, i think they call him skipper. Regular for years now. He is loose and splashy both preflop and postflop. Range maybe 40% preflop. Usually $11-$20 is normal bet and $20 with straddle.

Postflop i check back the flop because there is only one over card to beat Kx. Similar to checking back A9-A2 on Axx flops. Have position and can get 2 streets on turn and river. The shove surprised me. He seemed confident in his hand.

Comments

• N AN A Red Chipper Posts: 147 ✭✭
    edited April 30
    Tough spot. But I think your flop check might throw him off. I would call too. Please post spoiler or DM me result. Thanks
  • jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭✭
    mmmmm I think KJ or KQ, or a slow played set. I may get away from it on the river, but it's tough. It's a really dry board, yeah he plays tons of hands pre-flop but generally when people are going for it here and you call the turn, they are kinda scared to shove the river with just an air ball. Still, if think there's any chance this guy will be bluffing, I'll call it off.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    villain had :8H: :5S:

Definitely tough spot. I think postflop he made a good play.
  • jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Ya, I mean he just doesn't have many bluffs, and if he's the kind of guy to limp KQ, KJ type of hands, I'd probably fold it. I dunno, like I said I don't hate either play. Obviously as shown by spoiler, V's do wacky stuff, which is why I'm more of a station these days when I think there is a chance they are just getting out of line.
  • N AN A Red Chipper Posts: 147 ✭✭
    Zero Cool wrote: »
    You flopped top pair in a 1.5 SPR pot and decided to check flop to get 2 streets of value against a guy that is "loose and splashy both preflop and postflop" so I see no reason to change your plan now that you got what you wanted.

^^ Agree 100%
    Austin wrote: »

He made an OK play but I like your flop check better in this particular instance.

I don't know if I would check this IP, but I would definitely check OOP
  • NYCRyNYCRy Red Chipper Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    I think this raise size puts you in an awkward spot post flop with the straddle on and stack sizes. I think you have to limp and see a flop IP or bang it to like $35-$40 pre
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭
    We are facing half pot with an underrepresented hand.

I thought checked back for this result?
  • Faustovaldez123Faustovaldez123 RCP Coach Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭
    Snap call
    COACHING NOW AVAILABLE HERE
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are facing half pot with an underrepresented hand.

I thought checked back for this result?
    Austin wrote: »

• DavidDavid Red Chipper Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Nicely played by you. I understand his turn bet but not his river bet. He’s not playing against an empty chair
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jfarrow13 wrote: »
    Obviously as shown by spoiler, V's do wacky stuff

When a hand example is posted, we have to take hero's read on villain at face value. It might not be right, but we assume it is - "loose and splashy". Sometimes loose and splashy players are that way until you start to play back at them aggressively, which tells him your hand, which is exactly what he wants. But hero did not do that anyway, so.....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file