Hull/Glover: Opportunistic Bluffs

GTOLife2020GTOLife2020 Hudson Valley, NYRed Chipper Posts: 875 ✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in Subscription Products
This is a great video and as someone who really needs to work on developing his bluffing frequencies, just what the doctor ordered. Very clearly explains the idea of playability vs equity, as well.

ADMIN EDIT: You can view the video here.

Comments

• Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,867 -
    Thank you for the kind words.

One thing, you mentioned frequency. I want to make sure it is clear, these were opportunistic meaning *my* frequencies are way off because I make these bluff with almost all holdings.
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • GTOLife2020GTOLife2020 Hudson Valley, NYRed Chipper Posts: 875 ✭✭✭
    Doug Hull wrote: »
    Thank you for the kind words.

One thing, you mentioned frequency. I want to make sure it is clear, these were opportunistic meaning *my* frequencies are way off because I make these bluff with almost all holdings.

I *do* understand that. Sorry for the confusion. I just meant that I have yet to incorporate enough bluffs into my own game and studying videos like this one is, point blank, showing me what good bluffing opportunities and spots are.
    Excellent. Just confirming. Go get them. Bluffing is not about getting them to lay down big hands (usually) it is more often about finding out when they intend to fold to aggression and attacking that.
  • dnoyeBdnoyeB DetroitRed Chipper Posts: 284 ✭✭
    Good to hear. I've seen all of Doug's videos on red chip. Especially enjoyed live at the bike as a change of pace occasionally.
  • GTOLife2020GTOLife2020 Hudson Valley, NYRed Chipper Posts: 875 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    This wound up helping me out a ton. I was being extremely passive postflop (as well as preflop, but mainly post) and was a) leaving a ton of money on the table by not identifying when villain is bluffing b) underestimating how loose/aggressive the population is as a whole post flop and c) not identifying or taking advantage of, out of ignorance, my own opportunities to take advantage of semi bluffing spots taking into account fold equity, pot odds, spr, and implied odds if I do manage to complete my monster on the turn or river. The CORE program, as well as a lot of the most recent videos here on RCP like this one, are really giving me the foundation I've been looking to establish for a while now.
    Wow, blushing here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file