The 1%: Refining Your Hand Selection (Sweeney)

Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 701 ✭✭
edited May 5 in PRO Video Discussions
Yet another terrific video that really helps with range construction and understanding how to prioritize different combinations. Can be watched on it's own or during the course of viewing the entire 1% series. Having several videos of this quality being produced each month is beginning to get extremely impressive.

ADMIN EDIT: A thread discussing all parts of this series can be found here.

Comments

• William MalloyWilliam Malloy Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Viewing the video Applying The 70 Percent Model, I wondered why AA,KK,QQ,AK,KQs were not considered in the continuance range. Yes, we 3Bet those hands. But why take them out of the range of continuance hands if continuing means call, bet, or raise? Removing those combos from the continuance range forces me to put more bluff type hands in the continuance range than I otherwise would.
    -Billy in LV
  • William MalloyWilliam Malloy Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Nevermind. After reviewing the spreadsheet it looks like the number of folds would increase (as 30% of 191 is greater than 30% of 145), if I included the 3Bet hands in the continuance range, getting rid of the extra garbage.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,909 -
    Joseph F wrote: »
    Yet another terrific video that really helps with range construction and understanding how to prioritize different combinations. Can be watched on it's own or during the course of viewing the entire 1% series. Having several videos of this quality being produced each month is beginning to get extremely impressive.

ADMIN EDIT: A thread discussing all parts of this series can be found here.

Cheers sir!
    My latest poker course brings the popular book 'Poker's 1%' to life- The One Percent

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file