Jones: Attacking Limpers Correctly

In "Attacking Limpers Correctly," Adam "w34z3l" Jones discusses strategies for maximizing win-rate stemming from isolation raises of limpers. These strategies are particularly useful in low-limit games against recreational players where multiple limpers are common. Topics include optimizing bet-sizing, appropriate preflop ranges for isolating limpers, and postflop follow-through.
Moderation In Moderation

Comments

• Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 728 ✭✭✭
    I'm only halfway through the video and, believe it or not, Adam's finger is more on the pulse of how the tougher online games are being played today than he has ever been. There have been so many dogmatic ideas that have floated around for the last several years that are pointblank unprofitable and Adam goes ahead and breaks the mold, "giving us permission" to go ahead and do what is practical, mathematically sound, and profitable, instead of robotically taking certain actions with certain hands from certain positions because that's what someone on a forum told you or another player to do.

Great, great stuff. In the last few videos Adam has made, he boldly claims that the material within is of the quality you will see for training/coaching programs worth hundreds (or more) of dollars. The fact is that this is truth. There's a huge step up in price past a training site like this one and then specific, high level courses and coaching programs designed to get you to higher stakes. If you delve into them, the kinds of things Adam is discussing in his most recent videos is what you'll find. No question.
  • Mike DMike D Red Chipper Posts: 18 ✭✭
    I play in games with lots of limp calls and over calls, therefore lots of flop are multiway. Raising to any reasonable size preflop with a hand like 76s will often result in a multi way flop. Based on the video, I should reduce my raise size with a hand like this that play well with high SPRs and multi way. Why not just overlimp with small suited connectors and small pairs?
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭
    @Mike D because you don't want to play bingo poker?

Don't misunderstand, there are moment to limp behind with such hands. But overlimping forces you to hit to win, which happen ... not that often.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,758 -
    Mike D wrote: »
    I play in games with lots of limp calls and over calls, therefore lots of flop are multiway. Raising to any reasonable size preflop with a hand like 76s will often result in a multi way flop. Based on the video, I should reduce my raise size with a hand like this that play well with high SPRs and multi way. Why not just overlimp with small suited connectors and small pairs?

I think overlimping in these spots is preferable to reducing your raise size to maintain a highish SPR. That option sounds slightly pregnant.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file