3bet pot turn play?

SimkeSimke Red Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
Winamax - €0.10 NL (3 max) - Holdem - 3 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 112.5 BB (VPIP: 39.13, PFR: 30.43, 3Bet Preflop: 11.76, Hands: 167)
SB: 79.5 BB (VPIP: 70.00, PFR: 10.00, 3Bet Preflop: 11.11, Hands: 22)
Hero (BB): 126 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:spade: T:spade:

BTN raises to 2.5 BB, SB calls 2 BB, Hero raises to 11 BB, BTN calls 8.5 BB, fold

Flop: (24.5 BB, 2 players) T:club: 6:club: 2:heart:
Hero bets 12.5 BB, BTN calls 12.5 BB

Turn: (49.5 BB, 2 players) 9:heart:
Hero checks, BTN bets 26 BB, Hero raises to 102.5 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 63 BB and is all-in

River: (227.5 BB, 2 players) J:club:

[spoil]BTN shows A:club: A:spade: (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 83%, Flop 82%, Turn 89%)
Hero shows K:spade: T:spade: (One Pair, Tens)
(Pre 17%, Flop 18%, Turn 11%)
BTN wins 212.7 BB
Hero wins 13.5 BB
[/spoil]

Q: cbet turn?

A: when i look at it again cbet/fold looks better

Opponent seemed quite a decent regular lag player

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you trying to get him to fold on the turn? You basically turned your hand into a bluff. Hoping he bets turn with 88, 77, J10, QT, 76s, etc.

My first thought was check Flop, but i like 1\3 to half pot cbet more. On the turn i like your check, but would just call as the board favors callers range and you don't have much equity.

Up until the turn shove i like your play.

Idk if i would call someone a lag. They are 39\30 but it's 3 handed. How much of that is in result of being 3 handed vs 6 handed? 39\30 ....im not familiar with 3 handed games but imagine stats can be even wider. 39\30 for 3 handed seems kimda solid to me.
  • SimkeSimke Red Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
    The third player was a huge calling station thats why he tightened up, like you see not a lot of hands on him...i thought he is going to make more mistakes bluffing the turn then calling, but i was obviously not sure what to do there, if i check call tho there are many bad rivers
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The third player was a huge calling station thats why he tightened up, like you see not a lot of hands on him...i thought he is going to make more mistakes bluffing the turn then calling, but i was obviously not sure what to do there, if i check call tho there are many bad rivers

Many bad rivers is part of poker.
  • TravisTravis Red Chipper Posts: 455 ✭✭✭

Calling stations rarely bluff. And when they do show aggression they usually have top pair beat
  • LitteringAndLitteringAnd Canada, eh? Almost made it.Red Chipper Posts: 1 ✭✭
    I don't hate a 3bet but any consideration given to just calling preflop?

We're getting 4:1 from the BB, we have a hand that doesn't play terribly 3 handed, and get to see a flop in position against the SB, who preliminary stats probably suggest is the looser, passive player that you'd want to be in pots with. We sacrifice absolute position but potentially worth it if we think that SB is an easy mark.

As played, agree with the c-bet. Might be able to size this c-bet down a bit on the flop but 1/2 pot can't be terrible. On the turn, I prefer check/calling > c-betting the turn >>> check/shoving the turn. There's no need to turn this hand into a bluff and BTN's stats don't lead me to believe that he's some sort of timid calling station that will stack off with JT or a draw...so I'm not sure how often we're getting called by worse.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file