Squeeze spot in which Hero flops the nuts.

stumhstumh Red Chipper Posts: 83 ✭✭
Villain is winning and we have some history. I have played 214 hands with him. In a previous hand I 3-bet his UTG open from SB with AK. Flop was 77K. I c-bet. He called. Turned a blank and I c/c. river a blank I c/c his shove and he had ATo (no pair).

He plays 36/30 and he has a fold to c-bet of only 38% (sample is 8).

The UTG player is a bit fishy, specifically that he over values one pair hands and raises dry flops with them.

888 Poker - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 100 BB
UTG: 128.3 BB
CO: 265.9 BB
Hero (BTN): 104.9 BB
SB: 129 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has :Ah:Jh

UTG raises to 2 BB, CO calls 2 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, fold, CO calls 8 BB

Flop: (23.5 BB, 2 players) :6h:Kh:2h
CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: (23.5 BB, 2 players) :2C:
CO bets 17.6 BB, Hero calls 17.6 BB

River: (58.7 BB, 2 players) :KC:
CO bets 30 BB

Flop - I messed the flop up I think. It was a 3-bet pot and he has a low fold to cbet. But He is bluffy, so I wanted him to bluff.

Turn. Given my thoughts on the flop I flatted the turn.

River - I am a bit lost. His bet gives him a BE% of 33, so it's a good bet size to bluff with, but why would he when I am completely underepped

I'd appreciate some feedback on the whole hand a river decision.

Thanks

Comments

• kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭✭
    No need to 5x 3B IP imo.

I would CB small with 100% of my range in this spot then just plan to go B-B-B

You XBed the flop because you think he will bluff = so now just stick with the plan and call.
  • Digger NickDigger Nick Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
    You are definitely folding too often if you fold here. There are very few hands better than what you have and he hasn't even really been raising that much.

V profits with air if you fold 33% of the time, meaning you have to defend over 66% of hands if he is capable of bluffing. You end up in this situation with flush draws, pocket pairs, so many bad hands.

You call here a massive percentage of the time and there really aren't that many hands better than what you got.

• stumhstumh Red Chipper Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Thanks for that.

I did fold. I looked at my PT4 database over last period and I’ve been losing a lot at SD, so maybe playing scared and not wanting to keep losing. I realised after the hand it was probably a bad fold for the reason you say @Digger Nick

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file