Valdez: $2/$5 Live Hand Review

TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,429 -
edited September 2018 in PRO Video Discussions
In "$2/$5 Live Hand Review" Fausto Valdez discusses hands he played in a recent session. He describes the thought processes behind the strategies he employs with an emphasis on the spots where he took non-traditional lines.

Part 2 of this series is available here.

Please ask questions and provide comments on the video in this thread.
Moderation In Moderation

Comments

• derdonkerderdonker Red Chipper Posts: 113 ✭✭
    Another great vid from our Fausto !! He breaks down some 2/5 hands played with his aggressive LAG style, and adds some tidbits on generating action and putting V to the test. Good stuff, which is applicable in the games I'm in.
  • ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Loved this video from @Faustovaldez123
    Well done once again my friend.
    Twitter = @ChipXtractor
  • (RCP Coach) Fausto(RCP Coach) Fausto RCP Coach Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys :D
    COACHING NOW AVAILABLE HERE
  • tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
  • Stavros_GeorgiadisStavros_Georgiadis GreeceRed Chipper Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Great video.
    Some thoughts on hand No2:
    In order to get paid enough for your successful set mining attempt, you need to raise at some point in the hand. Being oop you will have to c/r. Why don't you c/r the flop? You offer arguments against a flop c/r based on balancing, as I understand it. But you are playing live poker. Great spot to play your set, not your range. So what do you care if he jams? Furthermore your flop c/r range contains numerous draws, even combo draws, so you are balanced. Finaly, there are very few turn cards on which a c/r shove would be seen as a bluff (ie small spades). So if you call flop and c/r turn on a coordinated turn card you could be overplaying your hand and if you c/r on a turn brick your range is 80-90% floped sets, so then you are unbalanced.
    I would c/r this wet flop and shove most turns, including a high heart card.
    Any thoughts?
  • (RCP Coach) Fausto(RCP Coach) Fausto RCP Coach Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭
    Great video.
    Some thoughts on hand No2:
    In order to get paid enough for your successful set mining attempt, you need to raise at some point in the hand. Being oop you will have to c/r. Why don't you c/r the flop? You offer arguments against a flop c/r based on balancing, as I understand it. But you are playing live poker. Great spot to play your set, not your range. So what do you care if he jams? Furthermore your flop c/r range contains numerous draws, even combo draws, so you are balanced. Finaly, there are very few turn cards on which a c/r shove would be seen as a bluff (ie small spades). So if you call flop and c/r turn on a coordinated turn card you could be overplaying your hand and if you c/r on a turn brick your range is 80-90% floped sets, so then you are unbalanced.
    I would c/r this wet flop and shove most turns, including a high heart card.
    Any thoughts?

thanks boss

also i believe ure confused on the action, i was in position further im the one that opened so i wasn't calling to set mine, i simply opened my range to play post. so ill need you to rephrase your whole question for hand #2
    COACHING NOW AVAILABLE HERE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file