Summer PLO at the Flamingo

TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,752 -
Since getting addicted to PLO about 15 years ago I swear every book on the topic has claimed confidently PLO was about to take over poker rooms. And it keeps on not happening. Partly because of this I like to promote entry-level live games that may attract new players in the hope PLO may finally get established on The Strip.

The one time you can find a PLO game in Vegas is during the WSOP, and this year the Flamingo is offering an interesting option. On the cash side they will again be offering true $1/$1 with a $300 cap. The structure means novices can get some experience without getting hurt too bad, but equally I've seen stacks get very deep in this game, so it might also appeal to more seasoned players.

In addition to the cash games, the Flamingo will be offering a $80 daily PLO tournament at 6pm starting May 29th. While it's a fast structure at 15-min blinds you get 1.5x more chips than the NLHE dailies and there are a couple of extra levels added. And while $62+$18 may sound dreadful if you're unfamiliar with these things, that is the lowest juice for any daily on The Strip below $125.

Bottom line I see value, entertainment, and the chance to promote PLO.
Moderation In Moderation

Comments

• jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're not playing PLO at the Venetian anymore? It was $1/2 with $5 bring in, I think, which is a structure I love.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,752 -
    Yeah that game still runs, but as you know that structure typically plays bigger than NLHE $2/5. These true $1/1s strike me as a good place to start for less experienced PLO players.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it does play big, but it's compensated a little for people with smaller bankrolls and tighter play by the fact that you pay very little in blinds relative to the size of the game. In other words, you only bump up in stakes when you have a better hand that most everyone else is playing.
  • MailmanMailman Red Chipper Posts: 44 ✭✭
    Wish more places offered that 1/1 300 cap PLO game and just make the 1/2/5 bring game just 2/5 instead. Great way for more players to get into PLO.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file