My first hand - 0.10/25 - Full Ring

Winifred SvetskiWinifred Svetski Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
Hello everyone,

I know I am not a very good player but would still like as much help as possible to improve my game.

Here is my first hand. Thank you for the help and I hope I can learn very much from everybody.

sharemypair.com/smpweb/smpviewdetails/feed_id/38916

I was at this table for maybe 25mins so did not have a good read on any person and also do not have a HUD.

What do you all think?

Svet

Comments

• Steeve HetuSteeve Hetu Red Chipper Posts: 18 ✭✭
    IMO, this is a good spot to squeeze preflop. (An NL10 player with a HUD :-P )

I tend to avoid to the max multi-way pot, except if I can overcall pocket pairs or Axs or suited connectors or sometime suited gappers.
  • cxancxan Red Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
    I would also bet smaller on the flop because betting the pot into five other people is a very strong move and it allows your opponents to play perfectly with middle pair or weak queens that you could get value from otherwise.
  • keasbeykeasbey Red Chipper Posts: 91 ✭✭
    AQo is not a hand that does well multiway, especially against 5-6 opponents. in such a multiway pot, the best hand by the river is so often some four of five card made hand like two pair, straight, flush.

If you look at what AQo flops - its

26.4% Top Pair
    11% gutshot
    2% two pair
    1.3% trips
    1% single card flush draw (monotone flop)

So its chances of improving to a 2P+ hand are pretty small. It tends to perform better heads up where top pair solid kicker is going to play better. Given this i would have 3 bet to something like $3-3.50 to squeeze out hands like 44 that would not want to call a 3 bet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file