Doubs with this hand

Luis HernandezLuis Hernandez Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
Hi again guys, thank you for all the help and support on the forum. This hand is killing me, I have review it like a 1000 times and I´m not sure what to do. As you can see im really noob, 5NL zoom table. I have no clue on how to interpret the hand... can someone help? is this a fold? call? reraise?

***** Hand History for Game 1111111111 ***** (Party)
$5.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, May 29, 03:00:02 ET 2018
Table Supersonic 3 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Seat 1: Player1 ( $13.31 USD ) - VPIP: 24, PFR: 16, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 38
Seat 5: Player5 ( $5.00 USD ) - VPIP: 24, PFR: 16, 3B: 8, AF: 1.5, Hands: 153
Seat 2: Hero SB ( $6.12 USD ) - VPIP: 22, PFR: 17, 3B: 6, AF: 2.9, Hands: 33407
Seat 6: Player6 ( $5.00 USD ) - VPIP: 31, PFR: 25, 3B: 29, AF: 4.0, Hands: 32
Seat 4: Player4 ( $5.00 USD ) - VPIP: 22, PFR: 13, 3B: 1, AF: 2.1, Hands: 326
Seat 3: Player3 ( $7.10 USD ) - VPIP: 23, PFR: 21, 3B: 8, AF: 6.4, Hands: 340
Hero posts small blind [$0.02 USD].
Player3 posts big blind [$0.05 USD].

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero SB [ Ks Ah ]
Player4 folds
Player5 raises MP [$0.12 USD]
Player6 folds
Player1 folds
Hero raises [$0.44 USD]
Player3 folds
Player5 calls [$0.34 USD]

** Dealing Flop ** [ Jh, Jd, 3c ]
Hero checks
Player5 checks

** Dealing Turn ** [ Kd ]
Hero bets [$0.46 USD]
Player5 calls [$0.46 USD]

** Dealing River ** [ 3h ]
Hero bets [$0.54 USD]
Player5 raises [$1.98 USD]
Hero???

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really close, but despite betting like 30% on the river, do you think this player will try and get you to fold Kx here? Looks like Ak the way you played it, and unlikely to try and make you fold that.

Slow played J10s or AJs would be my guess.
  • Luis HernandezLuis Hernandez Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Only 8 combos of AJ, that was my concern. I don’t think he will pay a 3bet preflop with JTs (but what do i know, as i said im a noob). More often than not he will have KQ, AQ, AK(8combos). But yeah, i did fold onthe river, vut i keep thinking that i should have paid... not sure a fold is the best thing i can do
  • Connor FaddenConnor Fadden Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    You're only really beating bluffs at this point. I think most Kx will simply call your river bet, as will lower pocket pairs (77-99) however, the way he played it makes it really seem like Jx, or something crazy like A3. The river reraise looks like it's purely for value, and unless you know this player is prone to bluffing a fair amount it would be a fold from me.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭
    Live I'll rely on notes on Villain's profile. Not being an online player on such tight spot is hard for me.

I can but not notice that Hero underbet river. So the raise could be either a value bet wrong KX (AK/KQ) or a bluff against a blocking bet from QQ-ish type of hands. Or it could be a value bet with JX (considering V called preflop to play IP postflop, there might be more than AJ as JX combos in his range)
    Hero bet (aka underbet) without a plan and here came the problems...

I think either Hero shall bet/fold a ~55% pot bet, or shall bet i.e. bet/call with an underbet.
    And I'd use the underbet only if Villain is aggro (for him to bluff) or weak passive (for him to call with QQ, KQ)
    Thank you everyone for your help. Red, i though that 50% bet was a standard size in that spot, am i wrong? What size would you use?
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭
    @Luis Hernandez On the river the pot is 1.85$. You bet 0.54$ - a 30% pot bet.

There is no such thing as "standard size". The size is based on your goal, your strategy (including Villain's profile) and flop texture.
    Maybe this podcast will be interesting for you: https://redchippoker.com/always-use-same-bet-size-podcast/
    Yes sir, on the river I bet 30% and 50% on the Turn. I wanted to open his range and make him pay with most of his lower kings and blablabla... but with the reraise... I dont think im in good shape to call.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes sir, on the river I bet 30% and 50% on the Turn. I wanted to open his range and make him pay with most of his lower kings and blablabla... but with the reraise... I dont think im in good shape to call.

You folded?
  • The MuleThe Mule Red Chipper Posts: 787 ✭✭✭
    If I understand the description correctly, on the river you bet $0.54 and your opponent raises to $1.98, so $1.44 on top. Your opponent is betting $1.98 to win a pot of $2.39. If you fold more than 45% of the time, your opponent can profitably do this with any two cards. You need to call $1.44 to win a pot of $4.37, so you only need to be right 33% of the time.

This is a 50%-of-pot raise. While a raise this small might be a a value hand looking to ensure a call, it might also be a click-back after your weak-looking bet. Your opponent could be trying to push you off a possible chop. Villain may have seen you bet-folding with this small size in the past. Also keep in mind Villain checked back the flop, making it less likely they have a Jack.

Without more information on Villain's tendencies, your hand is close to the best hand you would probably play this way, and if you don't call you are most likely extremely exploitable by a thinking opponent.
    I did fold on the river 😞. He bets quite strong on the river, so i folded. I have to study more by the look of it
  • The MuleThe Mule Red Chipper Posts: 787 ✭✭✭
    I did fold on the river 😞. He bets quite strong on the river, so i folded. I have to study more by the look of it

Part of my point was, this does not look like a strong bet on the river - aside from a min-raise, this is the smallest raise you are likely to see.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file