How to beat better players. Podcast

Riverboat BillRiverboat Bill Red Chipper Posts: 452 ✭✭
I am listening to the podcast and it sounds great. I just noticed while listening there is no kind of examples of strategy. It talks about it, but so far no strategy-or how the strategy should work. I really want to improve me game and seemed left wanting.

Comments

• persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair observation, but Zac basically asked an impossible question:
    I’ve been poking around in CORE as time permits, but generally speaking, I’m trying to look at the strengths in my game, and focus on relying on those strengths, and also look at the weaknesses in my game, and sort of like, I don’t want to say avoid those spots because I’m trying to get better, but I am confronting them and at least trying to be aware of them if I maybe acknowledge that my skill level is not so high, then perhaps I could turn that part of my game around in two weeks before I head to Vegas, you know what I mean?
    I mean, I defy anyone to make any sense of that.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,027 -
    My take on this is that the title of the podcast was intended to be provocative, but that the bottom line is that in general the only way to beat better players is to become better than them. Consequently, there isn't going to be a magic bullet revealed in the podcast of how to beat better players.

That said, I think James gives some extremely useful advice to Zac on what to get out of a game when many of your opponents outmatch you. At the very least "don't hide and learn something" strikes me as a good starting point.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Riverboat BillRiverboat Bill Red Chipper Posts: 452 ✭✭
    I agree, you can't teach it in a podcast, but an example of how a big hand was played in the WSOP/a big cash game and how he used the strategy.
  • WickedWicked Red Chipper Posts: 59 ✭✭
    I thought the podcast was super insightful. I’ve listened to it several times. James is a great teacher and very easy to understand. The podcasts have been killin it lately!
    edited June 8
    Wicked wrote: »
    I thought the podcast was super insightful. I’ve listened to it several times. James is a great teacher and very easy to understand. The podcasts have been killin it lately!
    Maybe this is what I'm looking for. What is your strategy? I am trying to get an abc of a strategy. How it's been done and how it worked or failed.

Wicked said the podcast have been good. This one really got me to thinking and I want to bring more out of this topic.
  • WickedWicked Red Chipper Posts: 59 ✭✭
    You should really listen to the Persuedo, and Fausto podcasts. They are fantastic and two really inciteful, informative and completely different approaches to coaching
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,027 -
    We're going to be trying some new things with the podcast when it comes back from break that will include upping the strategy content. If you have specific suggestion please stick them in the Podcast Idea Thread.

Thanks ~ Kat
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file