Would you hero call this river-shove with no information?

keasbeykeasbey Red Chipper Posts: 26 ✭✭
edited June 10 in Online Poker Hands
https://play.globalpoker.com/poker-client/poker/10/hand/5b1c9f96aa4b050aeac49954

Need to win 33%ish to justify, but he is repping some kind of 4X or overpair as the PRF. No idea whether he would triple barrel with some kind of missed broadway hand.

a Few hands before, he 4 bet shoved preflop and showed up with AA, but i am not sure what useful info we can get from this for the present situation.

Comments

• Zero CoolZero Cool Red Chipper Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    Without having any info I tend to lean on range distribution when deciding this call and other then pocket 6's you have the worst hand you would ever show up here with. You also have better hands that can call like 98, T9, J9, A9, TT+(that you don't 3bet) and any slow played 4x hands. Given that I like the fold.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭✭
    keasbey wrote: »
    https://play.globalpoker.com/poker-client/poker/10/hand/5b1c9f96aa4b050aeac49954

Need to win 33%ish to justify, but he is repping some kind of 4X or overpair as the PRF. No idea whether he would triple barrel with some kind of missed broadway hand.

a Few hands before, he 4 bet shoved preflop and showed up with AA, but i am not sure what useful info we can get from this for the present situation.

Villain has almost 0 4X combos in his range.
    - Naturally there shall be very few 4X in his preflop range, even from CO
    - Since the flop is almost a call anyway with 77, you see the turn 5. This is a strong blocker of 4X combos (54). Even worst: now there is only 1 combos of 54s possible.

If Villain has 9X, maybe he doesn't barrel again. So for value Villain is very strongly only on overpairs.

Without info, I'd fold on turn.
  • Kyle StadnekKyle Stadnek Red Chipper Posts: 1
    Two wiffed overs or an over pair, highly doubt they would run this line with A9, or would he turn 66 into a bluff? Seems more value heavy to me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file