Printing dollar bills in SNG on Global over 500 games.

BigButt84BigButt84 Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited June 12 in General Concepts
I haven't grinded SNG since 2011, so I wanted to see if I can come back like Jordan wearing the 4-5. The results. See pic, u10ipubk5x0t.png

Played 500 $10 9h stakes on global

Positives: I can still print dollar bills.

Negatives Things to improve on:

Calling to much
Playing the Bubble, I got 4th wayyyy to many times
Playing heads up, (probably sucked b/c I was multitabling )

Gray area

Playing 6H cash and SNG, probably stick to sng while grinding.

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigButt84 wrote: »
    I haven't grinded SNG since 2011, so I wanted to see if I can come back like Jordan wearing the 4-5. The results. See pic, u10ipubk5x0t.png

Played 500 $10 9h stakes on global

Positives: I can still print dollar bills.

Negatives Things to improve on:

Calling to much
    Playing the Bubble, I got 4th wayyyy to many times
    Playing heads up, (probably sucked b/c I was multitabling )

Gray area

Playing 6H cash and SNG, probably stick to sng while grinding.

Fantastic results! I am glad to see SNG are still alive and well. This is how I learned to play solid ABC poker before moving to cash games.

Are these turbos or regular speed?
    What are you using to track your SNG progress?
    How many tables are you playing at a time?
    Does Global allow you to cascade and have the table pop up when it's your turn?

I use to play 12-16 tables and just keep them running continuously until I reached 100 SNGs for the day. My thinking was ROI will be about 10%, so make $1-$1.60 per game as I was doing the $16s, so I could make $3k-$4k a month with this strategy. Not sure what type of Volume global has on these though.
  • BigButt84BigButt84 Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited June 14
    Fantastic results! I am glad to see SNG are still alive and well. This is how I learned to play solid ABC poker before moving to cash games.

Are these turbos or regular speed? On Global
    9H $10 are turbos,
    9h $20 none turbos,
    9h $30 are turbos
    9h $50 are none turbos

What are you using to track your SNG progress? Excel sheet that I enhanced, I just input my stakes wining and place and everything gets calculated.
    hg1bnq4zedu0.png

How many tables are you playing at a time? I can only do 4 since, there's no indication when its your turn. I was able to do up to 10 on PS and Tilt back in the days.

Does Global allow you to cascade and have the table pop up when it's your turn?
    It has Cascade, and tile. But no pop when its your turn. Not that I know of any ways.

I use to play 12-16 tables and just keep them running continuously until I reached 100 SNGs for the day. My thinking was ROI will be about 10%, so make $1-$1.60 per game as I was doing the $16s, so I could make $3k-$4k a month with this strategy. Not sure what type of Volume global has on these though.

The longest I've waited for a table is 10min But I think this is prime time.

let me know if I missed any questions.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BigButt84 aappreciate the response. You got everything. Keep up the good work, hopefully you move up with the same success.
  • kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14
    glad y'all think this is "printing money"... but I'd have to disagree

if stakes is $10... but we're paying $11.... it looks to me like Global made almost as much profit as you did... $500 vs $683
    and they didn't have to place in the top 3

I also see a bunch of $20 buyins with only one 3rd place... I guess this thread wouldn't be as cool if Hero needed to show major losses for playing SNGs.

lastly... let's look at our hourly... just from info for Feb 9 - we've won $162 but paid $190 plus the rake of $19.... $209 to win $162
    So on a Friday night, we played like 15 SnGs... which probably took somewhere around 3-4 hours.... and we lost -47... approx. -$15 an hour
    me thinks a part-time McJob would pay more than what was earned

Sorry @BigButt84 .... I think you may have the wrong definition of "printing money"
    if you're going to seriously play poker for a profit... you need to be honest about your total efforts and not cherry-pick the days/games/stakes where you performed best.

truth is: the games are tougher today than during the days of FT & PS.
    more knowledge is out there. more poker software is available. fewer rec players.

while MJ was able to return to the NBA and win the Finals (and an MVP), I don't think your 2011 poker chops are good enough for today....
    you might consider re-investing these dollar bills that you're printing into a training site to revamp your game.
    edited June 14
    kagey wrote: »
    glad y'all think this is "printing money"... but I'd have to disagree

if stakes is $10... but we're paying $11.... it looks to me like Global made almost as much profit as you did... $500 vs $683
    and they didn't have to place in the top 3

I also see a bunch of $20 buyins with only one 3rd place... I guess this thread wouldn't be as cool if Hero needed to show major losses for playing SNGs.

lastly... let's look at our hourly... just from info for Feb 9 - we've won $162 but paid $190 plus the rake of $19.... $209 to win $162
    So on a Friday night, we played like 15 SnGs... which probably took somewhere around 3-4 hours.... and we lost -47... approx. -$15 an hour
    me thinks a part-time McJob would pay more than what was earned

Sorry @BigButt84 .... I think you may have the wrong definition of "printing money"
    if you're going to seriously play poker for a profit... you need to be honest about your total efforts and not cherry-pick the days/games/stakes where you performed best.

truth is: the games are tougher today than during the days of FT & PS.
    more knowledge is out there. more poker software is available. fewer rec players.

while MJ was able to return to the NBA and win the Finals (and an MVP), I don't think your 2011 poker chops are good enough for today....
    you might consider re-investing these dollar bills that you're printing into a training site to revamp your game.

I was kind of being sarcastic with printing dollar bills, and the original title was even more sarcastic, but I had to change it.

Not sure how I'm cherry picking, when I showed all my results. I even pointed and mentioned that I got 4th way to many times, the most actually. If you look at both graph they both add up to 500.

But if go with your logic and we worked at Micky D's, we would never learn the push/fold icm or how to play tight and a FT end game. :(

The 5 $20 sng was when I was taking shoots, but then decided just to do 500 $10 sng instead and see where it goes. This was just to see if I still was a winning player playing these sng.

These SNG are from the past few months when I had some time to play. So yes I think I proved it's good enough to make money. There's a site where you can track SNG that was played.

The MJ reference is from a Jay-Z song. and actually MJ wasn't all that great when he came back wearing the 4-5. lol It was when he switched back to the 2-3 that he dropped 40ish on Nick Anderson and the Orlando Magic. LMAO

My dollar bills are actually going into RCP, but now only CORE. lol
    8y79ndtz27aa.png
  • derdonkerderdonker Red Chipper Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Hey @BigButt84 , thanks for posting your results and this thread.
    derdonker wrote: »
    Hey @BigButt84 , thanks for posting your results and this thread.

@derdonker no problem. I'm not sub to sharkscope so I cant filter out $10 tourney's but it looks like pretty much what I have. 386qnubc64hb.png
    Austin wrote: »
    @BigButt84 aappreciate the response. You got everything. Keep up the good work, hopefully you move up with the same success.

@Austin No problem, thanks man appreciate it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file