facing a min 5bet with A4s

AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
9 handed $400 effective

Hero MP1 :AC: :4C: opens $9
BTN raises to $33
Hero 4 bet to $120
BTN 5 bet to $207

Hero $87 to win $333 with $280 behind ($193 after a call).

Call here and try and spike an ace?
Fold?
Shove?

Getting 3.82 : 1 so only need 20% to see the flop. If I think he has KK or QQ is it worth the call?

Comments

• Charlie_HarperCharlie_Harper Red Chipper Posts: 15 ✭✭
    equilab says you have 33% equity, so go for it
  • Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    Equilab is not considering your reverse implieds when you hit an ace and are forced to call off dominated. Seems like a fold to me given stack sizes. A fold might a small mistake in a vacuum but calling is likely a bigger mistake.

Also, you are never realizing full equity here, 5 bettor is shoving all flops, and if ue doesnt he has AK that missed a vast majority of the time.
  • Yanming ZYanming Z Red Chipper Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    edited June 13
    Hero 4 bet sizing is way too large, regular 4 bet should be 2-3x the 3 bet size, this way you take the lead, while not committing too much if facing a 5 bet.

As played, this should be a fold, shoving is out of the question because there is 0 fold equity. V is probably only doing this with QQ+ AK. The chance of You spiking an A on the flop is only 15%, 30% equity against QQ and KK is when you see all 5 cards. So your “flop equity” does not warrant a call. And even if you spike an A on the flop, there are too much RIO, where if more money goes in you are probably way behind.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't even understand why is Hero 4 betting. Out of the blue, a low stakes player 3bet a super strong range.
    Either we fold (he has like QQ+ and never folding) or we 4bet/fold (if villain is aggro and 3bet regularly with many combos he will fold to a 4bet).

But in which world could we give action after he 5bets???
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was one of my hands vs Snowie. Calling is a huge mistake here despite the pot odds that low stake players always think they have. This hand caught my eye mostly because Snowie min 5bet with JJ and did not expect it with that exact hand. My 4 bet was definitely too large. I was trying to do something like 4x when I want more FE and 3x when I want Snowie to call.

Despite playing at a "world class level" Snowie is absolutely destroying me. Need to take my vpip down 5%.
  • suited4eversuited4ever Red Chipper Posts: 11 ✭✭
    This exact spot is why not to 4bet with a marginal hand such as A3s.
    In my opinion you should fold to the 5bet because your stack sizes isn't deep enough for a call.

Calling preflop will put you into many awkward spots on the flop which will obligate you to put in your stack with the worst hand.
  • TravisTravis Red Chipper Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
    I think you have to fold as played
    Curious to know what Snowie said to do?
    Personally this is not a hand I would try this play with. The fact that it is a suited and connected A gives it hidden implied odds for the straight. I am more inclined to four bet A6s-A9s
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Travis wrote: »
    I think you have to fold as played
    Curious to know what Snowie said to do?
    Personally this is not a hand I would try this play with. The fact that it is a suited and connected A gives it hidden implied odds for the straight. I am more inclined to four bet A6s-A9s

It's a fold once I get 5bet. However, snowie will 4bet A2s-A5s and not even bother calling or 3betting A6s-A9s.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file