AQo - we miss the flop and it's a 3-bet squeeze hand.

stumhstumh Red Chipper Posts: 83 ✭✭
I've been trying to make life difficult for my opponents recently which has involved me 3-betting more hands and being more aggressive on the flop. I don't particularly enjoy hands like this, but watched a video recently where they said you want to do to your opponents what people who make you squirm do to you.

In this hand, villain is very loose. He has been calling alot and his stack was at 400 bbs but has been declining. From that perspective I 3-bet for value.

On the flop - this flop just sucks alot for me, although I think I have many AXs hands and some connected hands that 3-bet pf that I connect here some % of the time.

Is this flop just a check fold? I feel like I am c-betting too much if I am c-betting this flop.

888 Poker - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 100.04 BB (VPIP: 28.46, PFR: 20.97, 3Bet Preflop: 5.36, Hands: 275)
UTG: 112.2 BB (VPIP: 27.82, PFR: 21.80, 3Bet Preflop: 10.91, Hands: 143)
CO: 318.44 BB (VPIP: 43.04, PFR: 26.58, 3Bet Preflop: 3.13, Hands: 79)
BTN: 101.6 BB (VPIP: 27.03, PFR: 21.62, 3Bet Preflop: 13.64, Hands: 37)
Hero (SB): 116.82 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has :AC::QS:

fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 12 BB, fold, CO calls 9 BB

Flop: (25 BB, 2 players) :6D::8D::3S:
Hero bets 13.6 BB, CO calls 13.6 BB

Turn: (52.2 BB, 2 players) :9S:
Hero ???

Comments

• Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭✭
    stumh wrote: »
    Is this flop just a check fold? I feel like I am c-betting too much if I am c-betting this flop.
    Not in a lifetime. On this turn some parts of your range improved a bit and you'll have better Ax to fire with.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar to your A10o hand, 3bet is fine. I would part out your range to figure out what hands you wanna cbet on this flop. AsQc should be near the bottom imo because you don't have any diamond to barrel on and don't block diamonds from villains range.

To balance some of your checking range here, I would use hands like AdAh to check raise with.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file