Playing for the first time in over 2 weeks!

1moretime1moretime Red Chipper Posts: 22 ✭✭
Hey guys hoping to post some good updates, i havent played in over 2weeks and prior to that it was 3 years ago since i played poker, currently sitting at a 1/2 400max and lost 175$ in my first hand lol. Anyways will update periodically.

Comments

• 1moretime1moretime Red Chipper Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Ok so i just seen a 6 way pot where utg raises to 12$. And flop is j86 rainbow OR x, and mp1 bets 35 and he gets a caller and its heads up. Cant remeber the turn card and he bets 45 and its called and the river was a Q and it goes x,x. And we see AA and Q10o.........do you guys think this was confusing.......i was trying to read/range them and those were not the hands i was expecting......
  • PapaGiorgioPapaGiorgio Red Chipper Posts: 64 ✭✭
    Welcome to low stakes live poker! I hadn't played live since last July, but I was playing online quite regularly since March. The live game is definitely different from the online game. However, I find the live game really hasn't changed much over the years. Each table is a little different. My session of Saturday saw raises and calls PF. My session on Tuesday was a limp fest; if someone raised, then it was usually 1 or 2 callers.

I'm not surprised to see AA and QTo on this flop. Remember, though, that your range analysis is player dependent. Not all players at 1/2 will be playing AA slowly. If AA was UTG, then he kept the initiative until the OESD hit with the queen. QTo was calling with gutshot. Don't know why he called the turn, but some players will call down with a gutshot draw. Good luck and welcome back to the live game!
    @PapaGiorgio hey thank you, i dont really play online but i will ocassionally put $ in to it to get some stimulation.

Our table captain called 65$ preflop with 95o and stacked a guy after flopping 99k vs AK. So sick.
    Left up 36$...great learning session i guess...had a few lows and not too many highs. There were times the tables was card dead for what seemed like orbits at a time. I took notes and will review it tomorrow and msybe post hands.
    Ok! Last nights session was a weird one....i was at a table where there were only 4x that some one 3 bet anybody and 2x it was me 3 betting and 2x i got 3 bet. I mean the whole table either limped for 2 dollars or 5$ if it was a straddle, and limp called 15,20,25,30 even 35 dollar raises....i was kinda blown away......i was card dead for the majority of the night so i did alot of observing. My raises were respected but i found it hard to range these limp callers....they had anything from pp to suited double gappers.....i know ive been at really good 1/2 tables and i dont think this was one of them. Anyone else experience this type of play?
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is standard $1\$2 weekend play. People gambling trying to make trips or flushes with T7s hands. I see people limp call 15bb raises with Ajo and J9s. It's all about value town at these stakes.
    edited June 2018
    @Austin yes i believe that but i think i seen the worse hands win more than the better hands more often last night. Lol.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1moretime wrote: »
    @Austin yes i believe that but i think i seen the worse hands win more than the better hands more often last night. Lol.

Most players don't know how to play correctly and short term variance will add to that. The mind of a player remembers a lot of bad hands winning at show down. You probably don't realize how many good hands won without a showdown.
  • Sean OSean O Red Chipper Posts: 298 ✭✭
    1moretime wrote: »

In a five-way hand the best starting hand will win much less often than the “field” of four worse hands, but much more often than its 20% fair share. If you put in 1/5 of the money with 1/3 of the equity you will win over time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file