$300NL + 54s + accidental win

AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sat down at the table maybe 10 minutes ago coming from a broken game. Table seemed ok, with 2 splashy players driving the action. Lady in the hand is unknown, seen her limp behind a couple of times, no real aggression.

This hand felt really good as I was stuck about a buyin and couldn't get any momentum going. Would check raise a set no action, raise AA preflop 6bb over 2 limps and get no action. Started to widen my range a bit.

Will say effective stacks range $200-$300 don't really come into play.

HJ Hero :5d :4d opens to $15
Co calls
Sb calls
Bb calls
Flop ($61) :2d :Jc :Ac
Sb & BB check
Hero bets $30
Co calls
Blinds fold.
*here it looked like SB and BB were already ready to fold. Have a gutter and back door diamond to barrel on vs some random draws and weak Ax.

Turn ($121) :7s
Check x2
River ($121) :6h
Hero checks
Co checks

Right before I was saying "i can't win" she just throws her cards in the muck.

I could make a point for betting this river, but I do think she has enough Ax in her range that checks back. This is an unknown but just based off passive tendecies ive saw.

Comments

  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭
    :7S: is a brick. So great for your flop uncapped range. Why not continuing your story of a good made hand to make her fold ?
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red wrote: »
    :7S: is a brick. So great for your flop uncapped range. Why not continuing your story of a good made hand to make her fold ?

    A good story would require a turn and river bet.
  • RoblivionRoblivion WisconsinRed Chipper Posts: 192 ✭✭✭
    54s seems like a good candidate for a 3-barrel here. Draw heavy board that bricks off, and even though you have equity in flop and turn, you will often end up with no showdown value on the end so will need to be able to make a threatening bet.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roblivion wrote: »
    54s seems like a good candidate for a 3-barrel here. Draw heavy board that bricks off, and even though you have equity in flop and turn, you will often end up with no showdown value on the end so will need to be able to make a threatening bet.

    I read JsTs hand earlier which ill comment on later because I feel some people are over reacting just a bit. People are on point for the most part though. This hand for a triple barrel would be similar to the other hand imo.
  • RoblivionRoblivion WisconsinRed Chipper Posts: 192 ✭✭✭
    Austin wrote: »
    Roblivion wrote: »
    54s seems like a good candidate for a 3-barrel here. Draw heavy board that bricks off, and even though you have equity in flop and turn, you will often end up with no showdown value on the end so will need to be able to make a threatening bet.

    I read JsTs hand earlier which ill comment on later because I feel some people are over reacting just a bit. People are on point for the most part though. This hand for a triple barrel would be similar to the other hand imo.

    I don't think I necessarily agree with that. While the situations are similar, on this board you can get called by more gutshot/flush draw/second pair type hands that should fold to further action. On the JsTs board, you're just almost always up against AX.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file