New player RC Pro worth it?

Hamilton ForslundHamilton Forslund Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
Hey guys ive been watching/listening to redchip now for a week made an account and now i dont know if i should buy pro ? I started playing again 2 weeks ago before that it was like 1 year since i played and i only have about 4k hands played ever, started my bankroll with 120$ 2 weeks ago, ive been playing 2nl and now i have 140 $. But in 4 months i can play live cash here in sweden and want to get as good as i can by then and maybe get my online BR to 200$ and move up to 5nl. So my question is redchip Pro worth it for me?

Comments

• JMCollinsJMCollins Los AngelesRed Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    I would consider spending the $50 dollars on the 1/2 crash course and really absorbing that over 2-months and make the choices after that. Unless you only play MTTs then buy that crash course.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 804 -
    The most cost-efficient approach is probably to sign up for PRO for a month. This gives you access to everything including CORE. You can use that month to determine if you want to continue at PRO level, downscale to CORE only, or that you don't want to continue such an investment at this time.

Obviously I'm rooting for options 1 or 2 ;)
    Moderation In Moderation
  • kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    any coaching/training should be helpful to your game... but a lot of it depends on how much you already know and how often would you study to improve.

there's a lot of good content on YouTube that's free which you should check out
    as well as pdfs of good poker poker books

watching videos is cool - but to truly improve, you need to do the work... question your game - why you do things, why you don't and why you think the lines you take are the most optimal.

The CORE is a great way to start... but again, if you don't interact with the video - pause it from time to time to figure out the answer before it's given - no amount of monies paid for a subscription will help.

Also pick what you want to improve... live cash requires a very different playing style than online 6-max. Yeah, poker is poker... but ranges can be radically different and counters to that are also different.

GL
  • Paul_KPaul_K DFWRed Chipper Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    The Crash Course is an excellent value. The video's provided should keep you occupied for quite a while.

@Ed Miller "Evaluating Board Texture" video was worth the price alone, IMO. A real eye opening experience for me.
  • Hamilton ForslundHamilton Forslund Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Okey thanks i think i will get it for a month and then see,great advise :)
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okey thanks i think i will get it for a month and then see,great advise :)

I recommend this forum + Poker Snowie. Snowie added SNG format into its training program, which is probably the fastest way to build a bankroll. Yes, you gain experience from playing 1c/2c, but winning 6-10bb per 100 hands is going to take forever to build up a bankroll. Playing micro sng and mtt will boost your bankroll so much faster. Then at 10NL or higher I would switch back to cash games. Definitely worth grinding sng and mtt until you reach $500 BR.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file