What Poker Software Do You Use And Why?

Looking for input again please folks. Thread title is self explanatory. In situations where there are competing products (PT4/HEM; Flopzilla/Equilab) I'm particularly interested in what swung your decision, or if you just said "eff it" and got both.

TYIA ~ Kat
Moderation In Moderation
Tagged:

Comments

• kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flopzilla & PokerCruncher.
    Don't play online anymore - so don't use PTA/HEM.
  • Kevin HKevin H Red Chipper Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Can't call your self a serious poker player to you have flopzilla.

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28
    Flopzilla (incl. HoldEQ) and Equilab (free version). I don't use them for the same reason, so I don't see them as competitors.

Microsoft Excel/Libre Office Calculator are also useful times to times.

I played very little online, and used PT4 during these times.

Edit: I also own FlopFalcon, but I use it very rarely. Fun to use and play with, but I don't see that much of a useful tool (at my level / for my needs, at least).
  • Jonathan RosenthalJonathan Rosenthal Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
    I've personally gone with what I perceived to be the biggest bang for my buck. I use micro stakes HEM2. I imagine by the time my bankroll gets to be large enough to play bigger stakes I will have no problem reinvesting in higher stakes capable software. I also use the free version of equilab. I would like to purchase flop falcon. From what I hear about it, it's really good. I just don't have the funds right now.
  • AlpineCurtAlpineCurt Red Chipper Posts: 25 ✭✭
    PT4, Flopzilla, Equilab, and LibreOffice for spreadsheets.
    Equilab was free and equities is s pretty fundamental concept so that came first. My game eventually got to the point where understanding board texture and ranges was necessary, and Flopzilla fit that need. I see Flopzilla and Equilab as complimenting each other and I'll often copy/paste ranges from one to the other during hand reviews. I chose PT4 over HEM because it was a little cleaner looking and easier to navigate.
  • Hai LeHai Le Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Anyone here using Hand2Note. It looks like a solid program but looks very advance for a beginner like me so I'm back with HM2
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,861 -
    PT4 (over HM2 since PT4 is faster and also includes things that HM2 charges for)
    Flopzilla + HoldEQ
    Equilab
    Excel (although I sometimes use Google Sheets instead)
    GTO+ (still getting used to this software, but price and lower barrier to entry over the other solver options)
    My latest poker course brings the popular book 'Poker's 1%' to life- The One Percent
  • WickedWicked Red Chipper Posts: 54 ✭✭
    PT4
    Flopzilla
    Equilab
    A bunch of the red chip pdf's
  • PBF_ProdigyPBF_Prodigy Red Chipper Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    I use Hand2Note and PioSolver.
    Hai Le wrote: »
    Anyone here using Hand2Note. It looks like a solid program but looks very advance for a beginner like me so I'm back with HM2

Yes. Hand2Note is very difficult to use but mass database analysis tools are invaluable.
  • seth baumanseth bauman Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
    SplitSuit wrote: »
    PT4 (over HM2 since PT4 is faster and also includes things that HM2 charges for)
    Flopzilla + HoldEQ
    Equilab
    GTO+ (still getting used to this software, but price and lower barrier to entry over the other solver options)

Any tips on using GTO+? I'm also just getting started with it, but there's a lack of learning resources when compared to PioSolver.

The best I've found is someone on youtube named Adam Wheeler's channel, but he only has a few videos up and it's not super integrated in terms of how to use it to study.
  • DeucesWildDeucesWild Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Wicked wrote: »
    PT4
    Flopzilla
    Equilab
    A bunch of the red chip pdf's

Where can I look for the Red Chip PDFs?
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭✭
    SplitSuit wrote: »
    Flopzilla + HoldEQ
    Equilab

Any tips on using GTO+? I'm also just getting started with it, but there's a lack of learning resources when compared to PioSolver.

The best I've found is someone on youtube named Adam Wheeler's channel, but he only has a few videos up and it's not super integrated in terms of how to use it to study.

What are you looking for?
  • AZMattAZMatt Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    kagey wrote: »

As someone who needs to get some software (live player only) I gather flopzilla is my best bet, how is PokerCruncher different? If you had to buy one only, would you pick Flopzilla?
    AZMatt wrote: »
    kagey wrote: »

As someone who needs to get some software (live player only) I gather flopzilla is my best bet, how is PokerCruncher different? If you had to buy one only, would you pick Flopzilla?

I would pick Flopzilla if I had a Windows machine. If I didn't want to set up a VM/boot on a Mac, I would choose PokerCruncher =)
    My latest poker course brings the popular book 'Poker's 1%' to life- The One Percent

The videos that Scylla made for GTO+ were pretty useful. I think it was like 30-60 minutes worth of training if memory serves. Check the site to find them =)
  • WickedWicked Red Chipper Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Split suit...... is there one location to get the free red chip pdf’s ?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 811 -
    Wicked wrote: »
    Split suit...... is there one location to get the free red chip pdf’s ?

The only general clearing house that I'm aware of is this: https://redchippoker.com/free-poker-study-tools/ but I don't think that's what you're after?
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file