NL50 Range Analysis from UTG in a 4 Bet Pot On Dry Board - How would you play this Turn?

Lou DLou D Red Chipper Posts: 70 ✭✭
So first wanted to preface this by saying, I recently completed the 1% of poker course so you get an idea of where my thinking is.

This I think is an occurrence that would come up often, and I want feedback regarding the turn, because of the lack of bluffs available on the turn here.

$0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 106.78 BB
BTN: 39.5 BB
SB: 80 BB
BB: 105.38 BB
Hero (UTG): 242.34 BB
MP: 112.46 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Here is my 4 bet range in this hand UTG vs a CO 3 Bet

AA-TT,AKo,AKs,AJs,A5s,KJs (54 Combos)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has ???

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, CO raises to 8 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 20 BB, CO calls 12 BB

Flop: (41.5 BB, 2 players) :2d :5h :Ts
Hero bets 20.74 BB, CO calls 20.74 BB

On the flop here I decide im going to continue with 50% of my range being OOP. My continue range looks like this (27 Combos)

QQ-TT,A5s,AhKh,AdKd,AsKs,AhJh,AdJd,AsJs,KhJh,KdJd,KsJs

I am holding back AA & KK so that I have solid hands to play if I get X/R, betting JJ & QQ for value instead since getting X/R with those holdings doesnt put me in a great spot.

Other than that, I am betting my BDFD's and also A5s which has really no showdown value, but can improve to a decent two pair.

Turn: (82.98 BB, 2 players) :6c
Hero ???

So on the Turn, I want to bet about 14 combos, 7 value and 7 bluff, but im really struggling to find bluffs here.

Of course im betting my TT combos, and I figure I can bet my QQ combos here and check JJ. As a bluff I can continue with the A5s because of the two pair potential. The only other bluff I can think of here that could make sense if AK because of two overs.. but im also thinking in this spot, being the effective stack at this point, im going to really want to underbet this. What do you guys think about this one?

Thanks
Lou

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the course teach you bet cbet half pot in 4 bet pots on dry boards?

You put in 20bb preflop and 20bb on the flop with 100bb roughly effective stacks. You have now committed 40% of the effective stack. Already crossing the commitment standpoint. After you cross this line, you should have more value than bluffs, which is why your struggling to find more bluffs here. For what its worth cbet of 1/4th 10bb to 1/3 13bb if perfectly fine here with your range.

The turn is basically a complete brick and some times it's best to only continue with value. Now if you have A3s-A4s in your range and not just A5s, you will have 8 more combos of bluffs.
  • Lou DLou D Red Chipper Posts: 70 ✭✭
    The course doesn’t really go into bet sizing much as far as I remember but I also plan on running through it another time. I also did core but want to look over the bet sizing lessons as well. I can definitely see a small bet on the Flop here on my bluffs. The turn I still want bluffs in my range of course and I can see that helping me keep the 1:1 ratio I’m looking for.
    Lou D wrote: »
    The course doesn’t really go into bet sizing much as far as I remember but I also plan on running through it another time. I also did core but want to look over the bet sizing lessons as well. I can definitely see a small bet on the Flop here on my bluffs. The turn I still want bluffs in my range of course and I can see that helping me keep the 1:1 ratio I’m looking for.

I haven't read 1%, watched the course, or the core. I'm shocked if it doesn't include bet sizing lessons.

Board texture will play an important part in sizing.

It is kind of funny when you think about it... in a 3 bet pot a 1/3 cbet is common. In a 4 bet pot a 1/4 cbet is common. In a 2 bet pot a 1/2 pot cbet is common. The fraction of the cbet goes a long with the preflop action.
    Well you know what it is, with all the amazing content, its easy to forget a thing or two along the way which is why I think it can be beneficial to doing these courses more than once. Its like watching a movie.. you watch it the first time and think you have seen it, but when you watch the 2nd time you pick out some things you missed.
    I am seeing the Pro-Membership includes Core as well. Would you recommend the pro membership for $50 a month? Is the video content worth it for situations where you want to brush up or work on a specific part of your game? Being that I used Core and the 1% I would like to stay consistent with the Red Chip teachings.. but want to know if its worth it.
    Lou D wrote: »
    I am seeing the Pro-Membership includes Core as well. Would you recommend the pro membership for $50 a month? Is the video content worth it for situations where you want to brush up or work on a specific part of your game? Being that I used Core and the 1% I would like to stay consistent with the Red Chip teachings.. but want to know if its worth it.

@TheGameKat
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,027 -
    I'm kind of biased, but yeah I think it's a great video library. Below is a link to a post that contains links to the full library listing:

https://forum.redchippoker.com/discussion/10944/links-to-all-pro-videos
    Moderation In Moderation
    Yea I’m definitely going to jump on that. Of all the training sites, red Chip by far does the best at explaining each topic. Also it’s a great value since you get Core and the Crash Courses for the $50 a month. I’m playing NL50 so one buy in a month seems like a good investment.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file