Why Does KJs have better Equity On This Board Than A5s

Lou DLou D Red Chipper Posts: 45 ✭✭
edited July 10 in General Concepts
Reviewing a hand in flopzilla and using the Equity vs Top Percentage feature and looking at differnt equities, why would A5s have worse equity than KJsuited (Khjh, Kd,Jd) on a KcJsAh5sQd board?, KJ also has higher equity than AA as well.

Thanks

Comments

• zampana1970zampana1970 Red Chipper Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    Board can't exist - Js is in second hand? Trick question?
  • Lou DLou D Red Chipper Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Sorry, fixed the original post to be more clear. KJs meant King Jack Suited, so KhJH and KdJd)
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 811 -
    I can see KJ having higher equity than A5 because of all the dominating A-broadway hands, but the AA is a bit puzzling.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • PBF_ProdigyPBF_Prodigy Red Chipper Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    edited July 10
    I have no idea what that flopzilla function is, but if you are calling a river, KJ > AA > A5 because you block combos of JT and QJ while AA and A5 never have blocking properties. On defense, your blocking properties are more important than the absolute strength of your hand, particularly as stack depth increases.

There are boards where calling down a triple with third pair is better than calling down with AA or trips exclusively because of blocking properties. In another hand in the forum, I show that calling down on 644s with A6 > A4 > AA in some runouts.

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :Kc :Js :Ah :5s :Qd

I see 5 cards on the board, so equity should be 100% or 0%.

What am I missing? Ignoring the river card, KJ blocks more 10x hands than A5.
    I think the idea is we're comparing the equity of KJ against some top x% range with the equity of A5 against that same range.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    I think the idea is we're comparing the equity of KJ against some top x% range with the equity of A5 against that same range.

Than it's just more likely to have 2 over cards or be less dominated than A5?
  • Lou DLou D Red Chipper Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Yes let’s say villian only has top pair or better here.
    Lou D wrote: »
    Yes let’s say villian only has top pair or better here.

If you give us the exact "top percentage range" Flopzilla is using I think this'll all become apparent.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file